New OC'er looking for direction

blaze2020

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
hi im literally BRAND new to OC and have NO idea how to do it or even a general knowledge of the terms and different functions of the BBIOS and MoBo... but im building a new system with an i5 3570k and the ASRock Extreme6 Z77 MoBo, and i would love to get into it!!i would be so eternally greatful if someone with a lot of experience could either write me, or direct me to a fail proof learning course or exact 'How to overclock the i5 3570k and ASRock Extreme6' article. or if its really simple you could just give me a step by step for the ASRock extreme6 Z77 like this:
1.---
2.---
3.---

it would be so appreciated. thank you. BTW i would like to hit 4.0 or 4.2 with my proccessor :)

Solution
1. buy and install an aftermarket cooler

2. go into your UEFI

3. find your overclocking menu

4. raise the CPU multiplier, do not touch the BLK frequency, scroll down and set your VCore from auto, to your normal voltage

5. stress test your system, i reccomend LinX, and monitor your temps with somthing like HWMonitor, or speedfan

6. once it becomes unstable raise the VCore, i would reccomend turning Load Line Calibration on as well

7. when your temps get to about 70C (not set in stone, it's alright to pass that) then your set :)

nna2

Distinguished
1. buy and install an aftermarket cooler

2. go into your UEFI

3. find your overclocking menu

4. raise the CPU multiplier, do not touch the BLK frequency, scroll down and set your VCore from auto, to your normal voltage

5. stress test your system, i reccomend LinX, and monitor your temps with somthing like HWMonitor, or speedfan

6. once it becomes unstable raise the VCore, i would reccomend turning Load Line Calibration on as well

7. when your temps get to about 70C (not set in stone, it's alright to pass that) then your set :)

Solution

blaze2020

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

thank you very much! about as straightforward as it gets lol. will everytrhing in my UEFI go by the same name? and how much do i raise the multiplier by to stay safe? do i raise it in increments or all at once?

TRENDING THREADS