IRQL not less or equal blue screen help!

Sdbuilt_1

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
So I just installed windows 7 64 bit on a new complete system. I downloaded the MB driver and then I overclocked using AMD auto overdrive.

I have an AMD phenom II x4 965 black edition that I overclocked to just shy of 4GhZ. I also have the Kuhler 620 water cooler.

I downloaded all the rest of the drivers and had things working for a few minutes.

When I downloaded MSI afterburner and overclocked my graphics card within a minute or so I got a blue screen saying IRQL not less or equal.

I restored my BIOS to factory settings. I did this straoght from BIOS and did not uses the jumper on the MB. Still got the blue screen. Then I went into safe mode and uninstalled Afterburner and chose to not keep the settings. Still I get the blue screen.

I am running out of ideas.. Can someone tell me what to do next?

Sdbuilt_1

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Yeah as you can see in my original post I actually did all of that already. You basically just put my original steps that I already did in your own words. ;) It is ok though I figured it out. Believe it or not it was Avast 5.0 that I had just downloaded that did it. I do not recommend Avast 5.0 on Windows 7 64 bit unless you want the BSOD!