How do you OC RAM and GPU?

blaze2020

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
i have an EVGA GTX670 FTW and 8G G.Skill Ripjaws X.. processor i5 3570k IB, MoBo is ASRock Z77 Extreme6. any help is appreciated!!!

Solution
If you have an Evga card then you can install the Precision-x software that is on the cd that came with the card and that will help you to overclock your video card.
The ram can be run in the XMP Profile and that will jump the ram up a notch or you can do a memory level up if you have that feature in your MB bios. Another way to overclock the ram is to adjust the timings and run the ram at lower timings and that will boost performance. Before messing with the timings I would read up on doing that so you don't do any damage.
If you have an Evga card then you can install the Precision-x software that is on the cd that came with the card and that will help you to overclock your video card.
The ram can be run in the XMP Profile and that will jump the ram up a notch or you can do a memory level up if you have that feature in your MB bios. Another way to overclock the ram is to adjust the timings and run the ram at lower timings and that will boost performance. Before messing with the timings I would read up on doing that so you don't do any damage.

Solution

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
You can overclock your gpu with various different software. I personally use Msi Afterburner. To overclock your RAM, you can adjust its settings in the BIOS. However I would recommend against overclocking RAM since the performance boost is pretty negligible and you may break something. The primary reason to change RAM settings would be compatibility with timings.

+1 for Afterburner (comes with a fan profiler and a framerate-cap feature in the OSD)

+1 for no overclocking RAM on LGA 1155