Is this because of faulty ram

smile9999

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
I have bought a computer 2 weeks ago, I have started having blue screens a few days ago, I checked using windows memory diagnostic it told me I have a hardware problem in the ram, I did another test with memtest and there were no error,

I did a couble of other tests like prime95 on blend, I got a fatal error on 3 cores on my quadcore phenom II X4 965, I changed the test to small FFTS not much ram used, and I was stable for 4 hours+ 100% cores utilization, I also in other programs have weird unstable core utilization like one core is running very high and the others very low.

is this weird core utilization and unstable blend test in prime95 cause of bad ram or is my processor faulty, plz answer thanks

Solution
Hi.

1- If u have OC the rig, remove the OC and test the rig again.
2- Download LinX, run it and select "All" for at least 30 minutes

smile9999

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
sorry for the late response, I did the test using linX 0.6.4, it found an error after about 2 mins, there were no details as to what caused the error whether its the ram or CPU so how do I know

smile9999

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
thanks alot for all the help, I am stupid that I didnt think of this from the beginning.

I tested each ram by itself, one passed the linx test and the other didnt, so my proplem is with a bad stick of ram.