ATI 5770 + NVIDIA GT 220

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Alright, I am sure I've heard that this is possible but was looking for a little more guidance, so here it goes:

I have a XFX ATI Radeon 5770 and found a smoking hot deal on a Galaxy Nvidia GT 220 (for ~50 dollars NIB w/o MIRs), my question is HOW I can use the GT 220 as a PhysX card. It is my understanding that it is possible with some kind of driver hack/replacement but there are plenty of contradictions on the interwebs about this.

If someone would be so kind as to write a simple, succinct, and yet exact set of steps by which I (and many others) could achieve adding PhysX cards to ATI systems it would be greatly appreciated.

My system is includes the following:

PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W 12V V2.2
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
MoBo: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 790X ATX
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw Series 4GB
GPU: XFX HD-577A-ZHFC Radeon HD 5770
Case: CM HAF 922
HDD: Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB

:non: Note: I have noticed there has been a lot of heated/angry/vitriolic responses to those such as myself who ask for help with something others find elementary. Try to keep it polite or just ignore the person. I know plenty but I don't know everything, same goes for you. Thanks! :ange:

Sorry but that's a no go. You have to use older drivers on nVidia cards because the newer ones disable the PhysX option if they detect a Radeon. Only the older drivers allow you to use an nVidia card for PhysX if you also have a Radeon. Of course such drivers were before the GT220 came out I believe. So, your choices are used hacked drivers for the GT220, or return it for something you can use with older drivers like a 9500GT.

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
I guess that is what my question is... where would a person find such a driver. I know that it doesn't work with "stock" drivers.

Are there new drivers (for performance) available that have been 'improved' so I can use the PhysX option?