ATI 5770 + NVIDIA GT 220

Alright, I am sure I've heard that this is possible but was looking for a little more guidance, so here it goes:

I have a XFX ATI Radeon 5770 and found a smoking hot deal on a Galaxy Nvidia GT 220 (for ~50 dollars NIB w/o MIRs), my question is HOW I can use the GT 220 as a PhysX card. It is my understanding that it is possible with some kind of driver hack/replacement but there are plenty of contradictions on the interwebs about this.

If someone would be so kind as to write a simple, succinct, and yet exact set of steps by which I (and many others) could achieve adding PhysX cards to ATI systems it would be greatly appreciated.

My system is includes the following:

PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W 12V V2.2
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
MoBo: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 790X ATX
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw Series 4GB
GPU: XFX HD-577A-ZHFC Radeon HD 5770
Case: CM HAF 922
HDD: Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB

:non: Note: I have noticed there has been a lot of heated/angry/vitriolic responses to those such as myself who ask for help with something others find elementary. Try to keep it polite or just ignore the person. I know plenty but I don't know everything, same goes for you. Thanks! :ange:
4 answers Last reply
More about 5770 nvidia
  1. Sorry but that's a no go. You have to use older drivers on nVidia cards because the newer ones disable the PhysX option if they detect a Radeon. Only the older drivers allow you to use an nVidia card for PhysX if you also have a Radeon. Of course such drivers were before the GT220 came out I believe. So, your choices are used hacked drivers for the GT220, or return it for something you can use with older drivers like a 9500GT.
  2. I guess that is what my question is... where would a person find such a driver. I know that it doesn't work with "stock" drivers.

Are there new drivers (for performance) available that have been 'improved' so I can use the PhysX option?
  3. Do any other PhysX cards work with the current driver?
  4. So it is just the 9500GT and GTS 250, alright. if anyone else has ideas please add it!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards ATI Nvidia Graphics Product