Sign in with
Your question

Help OC'ing an i5 3570k on and Asus P8Z68-V PRO/Gen3

Last response: in Overclocking
August 13, 2012 11:20:34 PM

Hiya guys,

As the title suggests, I need a bit of help from anyone with some experience overclocking this CPU on this motherboard.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k
MB: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Motherboard (Socket 1155, ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, HDMI, Bluetooth Module)
Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler
Paste: Arctic Cooling MX-4 4g
RAM: GSkill 8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz DDR3 Ripjaw X Series

Please see my comp spec in the profile for more detailed information of my system.

I'm brand new to all of this and really don't know where to start, any help would be greatly appreciated. My aim is an overclock of 4.2 to 4.4, and to be stable gaming for long periods as well as using CPU intensive programs for work.

Any step by step guides for this moby would be fantastic!

Thanks,

Matt

a b à CPUs
August 14, 2012 12:06:37 AM

ok, here it is very simply.

I don't have your specific mobo, but i do have an asus so should be close.

to just be a mild overclocker.

Go to Bios
set everything to default.
set the bclk to 100
set your Ram to XMP (which should set the timing to what you've bought).

Then just change the Mutliplier value to a higher value.
I believe it "should" say 38. so just change that to 44.

Start computer, then check for stability.

Run Prime95 as single threaded (set affinity to 1 CPU).
Run Prime95 as all threads.

If your computer crashes or temps get too high, or Prime95 reports a calculation error change the multiplier back down.

The Asus utility will also allow you to manually change things in Windows, but once you get the settings you want, then go back and set them in the Bios.
You probably don't need to fool around with anything else, that's more advanced overclocking.

If you want, you can give the Asus Turbo 1-click button a try and it will just give you some moderate settings to use.

A lot of this is pretty much the same as in the overclocking guide WHICH IS STICKIED AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM
August 14, 2012 8:34:10 AM

raytseng said:
ok, here it is very simply.....

....A lot of this is pretty much the same as in the overclocking guide WHICH IS STICKIED AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM

Awesome!, thanks mate :)  will give it a try and hope for the best - what are the best temps for this CPU?
August 14, 2012 9:26:25 PM

Awesome, thanks pal !
!