vasilisvvv

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Guys i have a question to ask..

What if i take a water dispenser that delivers super cold water, adjust a pump and a radiator on it and ofcourse a cpu block..

Did anyone see/did that? I see no problem why it will not deliver cold water in the cpu block and have a superb cooling system...

i just say....

You can do that, there are chilled water cooling systems out there, just be aware that once you reduce the temperature of the CPU and surrounding area below ambient temperature you can begin to have issues with condensation which is a big problem with peltier coolers.

The real trick here is that in order to cool the water it requires even more energy be consumed by the cooling unit increasing the total power consumption of the system and warming up the room even more so it is a trade off.

vasilisvvv

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Do you have any pics of that ? i really wanna see it. I like to do custom things a lot, already have a full custom case made out of aluminium that is super cold, and now i have this stuck in my mind.. a "guide" will be great..

vasilisvvv

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
The one that is seems to be the problem is that the pumps are pumping like an average 7-9 lt per min and the water dispensers are freezing water at a rate of 2 lt per hour.. this could give problems?

Of course you don't need that ice cold water but i thing only if you excpariment you will see true numbers....

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
A water chiller is a pelletizer pad with a fan or small water loop to keep the pad cool and yes there are issues with this kind of setup 4rayan6 has figured out how to run this setup without causing condensation it did require a balancing act to begin with but once he had it figured out the maintenance at this point is minimal. That in itself is a great accomplishment and shows how ingenious he can be.
If your goal is to cool the coolant as much as possible you will need to insulate the motherboard and video cards as well as the tubing to control condensation and loss of coldness of the water through the tubing walls. I am planning to build a system like this for my next build so if you are interested I can explain how I plan to build and insulate the rig for use.

vasilisvvv

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
i will not have problem to make it work. as i said before i am the kind of guy who makes custom stuff as a hobby and i enjoy it very much. I did a lot of mechanical custom stuff on bike and car and pc.. the only thing i am not familiar with is when you say it will need to insulate the mobo and stuff. why is that? they have rated working temperatures? if the coolant is lets say 5-6C then the round area of the cpu its gonna have problem?
Can you go a litle deeper on that pls??
Thanks man.

toolmaker_03

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I have old TEC’s that drop about 40 F from ambient if water cooled on the hot side. todays TEC’s can drop 60 F with the same setup so let’s say that the temp is 70 F in your house that would mean that the temp is at 10 F at the pad and that is cold enough to cause the surrounding air to freeze like what happens in your freezer. A freezer is at 10 to 18 F for a good one or 22 to 28 for a cheaper unit. My point is that the water in the air will freeze to the components water blocks at this temp. so I will use dragon skin to insulate the blocks from the ambient air and I will hand paint this on the components to insure that even if I have condensation in the case it will not matter because the motherboard and video cards will be coated I will probable dip the whole unit in the dragon skin after it is assembled and I have finished the fine coating by hand to insure that all the exposed connections are coated.
I will have two loops for this setup one loop will be all blocks and components only no rads, it will be designed to cool the water only. the second loop will be to cool the TEC’s only and that loop will have rads.

You can do quite a bit of below ambient cooling never having to even be concerned with condensation being a problem.

amuffin has provided a link to my below ambient thread, you can get some ideas from it.

Taking your coolant temperature down to 5-6c will be in the condensation forming area, however you do not need to go that low as I'm typing this my coolant temperature is 14.4c and dropping, my ambient temperature is 23c so I'm running 8.6c below ambient and 11.6c below a standard closed loop water cooling setup.

14.3c by the time I finished typing this, check out the thread there's a lot of shared information regarding temperatures etc.