Sign in with
Your question

Which heatsink will fit

Last response: in Overclocking
August 14, 2012 6:50:18 AM

so i have an antec 300 two case and am looking for a heatsink to replace the oem one.

My rig so far is this:
Case: Antec 300 Two
CPU: i5 3570k
GPU: Asus 7770 2GB
MOBO: Gigabyte z77 UD3h
RAM: 2X4GB Kingston Hyper X Genesis
STORAGE: 2 HDDs and a SSD

I have a top 140mm fan, a rear 120mm fan, and a front 120mm fan installed. I am looking for a heatsink that i can use to overclock my pc and game with. I am looking at the thermaltake frio advanced but i am not sure if it will fit. Can anybody tell me if it will fit in my pc. If it doesnt can anyone lead me to heatsinks that would, within 65$ before tax. I dont even mind trying water cooling.

More about : heatsink fit

August 14, 2012 8:04:47 AM

infinikev said:
so i have an antec 300 two case and am looking for a heatsink to replace the oem one.

My rig so far is this:
Case: Antec 300 Two
CPU: i5 3570k
GPU: Asus 7770 2GB
MOBO: Gigabyte z77 UD3h
RAM: 2X4GB Kingston Hyper X Genesis
STORAGE: 2 HDDs and a SSD

I have a top 140mm fan, a rear 120mm fan, and a front 120mm fan installed. I am looking for a heatsink that i can use to overclock my pc and game with. I am looking at the thermaltake frio advanced but i am not sure if it will fit. Can anybody tell me if it will fit in my pc. If it doesnt can anyone lead me to heatsinks that would, within 65$ before tax. I dont even mind trying water cooling.

by watercooling you can oc way higher..
but if you watercool you will have to maintain your loop.for example you will have to flush your loop once a year,fill it with coolant,bleed and many other stuff+you need to spend money for watercooling...if you are interested in watercooling and want to do some xtreme oc you should go for watercooling...now-a-days people usually use closed loop systems for minor oc like the corsair h100...you could install the radiator of the corsair h100 outside the case by drilling holes in your case...
Related resources
August 14, 2012 9:41:38 AM

+1 That's a good one that bigcyco1 recommend
a c 239 K Overclocking
August 14, 2012 12:13:14 PM

Hyper 212

or noctua very worth but more budget
August 14, 2012 5:25:54 PM

is a Coolit Systems Eco CPU Water Cooling System any good, and no one has answered whether or not the frio will fit in my rig. ANd nice suggestions henydiah can you show me where these heatsinks provide better cooling than the frio advanced
August 15, 2012 4:04:21 PM

infinikev said:
is a Coolit Systems Eco CPU Water Cooling System any good, and no one has answered whether or not the frio will fit in my rig. ANd nice suggestions henydiah can you show me where these heatsinks provide better cooling than the frio advanced
Yes it's good and i don't know if the frio will fit sorry the NHD-14 is the best though but it's huge :lol: 
a b K Overclocking
August 20, 2012 7:59:39 AM

I am pretty sure it will fit sorry i can't say 100 percent
!