Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iritchie

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
My computer keeps freezing up and then comes back with this error
the display driver version 191.07 stopped responding and has recovered

I have a Palit nvidia geforce 9500GT 1gb video card.

this error started when I changed my os to windows 7 - 32-bit.

I already tried the new driver update 195.62 but updating the driver didn't work.

I tried to rollback the driver back to the 190 version and still didn't work.

lastly, i rollback the driver again and used the driver that comes with the vid card when I bought it, which is version 182.42. Then somehow the the old version work, so far so good.

What seems to be the problem? newer versions should be less errors right? and if the problem is because of some windows 7 compatibility issue, the latest version 195.62 should address to the issue which is release December 2009. And one more, nvidia 9500gt is Windows 7 compatible and has the windows 7 tag in it.

Tnx.

dyno0919

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I got this error before i update my drivers so I don't know if what i did to fix it would help but, I mostly got it when starting up graphic intensive software (ex. a game or movie). I just turned my fan up on the gfx card a little and it stopped happening.

sinnamint

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
ok i have a brand new toshiba lap top windows 7 ofc and nvida vid card... ANYTIME im on face book i get that darn error message ur card has stopped working and has been succesfully recovered... doesnt happen any place but face book...not in Wow/ASDA/jade dyansty/D&D or perfect world.... now mind u this is my 2nd lap top of this kind first one i thught the vid card was going out went to best buy turned it in they gave me a new one THREE days home and i get this crap.. AGAIN! so is it a window's nvida conflict? facebook? or something screwy with windows 7?
mind u b4 this i had a POS lap top that was 5 years ols a dell insprion e5105 and it would do the SAME thing on face book until i updated it to IE 8 then well i wasnt allowed to log into face book ever again the tab just kept recovering over n over... My husband computer both his old dell and his new dell never has this issue...any ideas feal free to email me PLEASE! Email removed

iritchie

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010

In my case i think the problem is the video drivers and some incompatibility in the windows 7 areo mode. But the thing I can't understand is that if I use new updated video driver versions, it gets worst. so i'm using the old version. (early 2009 or late 2008 version)

weehamish

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
I had this same problem with my 8800 Ultra back in the day, and tbh it never got fixed!

I sent it back and got a 9800gx2 which never had this problem, like you say it will be lack of driver support or a fault with the card.

sinnamint

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010

yeah i cannot understand it personally this is my third lap top with this issue.... first one was 5 years old 2nd one was 3 months old and this one is not even a week old.... GRRR WTH and its only on face book and only on facebook apps... so i guess no more apps for me... and darned i like my kittens!

millie_21

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
I have the same problem with a Toshiba and Nvidia video card. I updated the driver yesterday to the latest version and again this evening I got the video card stopped responding and has recovered.
:sarcastic:
I hope someone comes up with a solution. Maybe I'll try checking Nvidia support again although I suspect it's a windows 7 issue. I have the home version, 64 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.