L2 cache registry setting

Does an incorrect value in the registry for my CPU's L2 cache make any
difference to performance?

I only asked as I checked my registry and it had a value of 0 for my
L2 cache, my CPU has a 512Kb cache. When I set the correct value, I
could not see any difference in normal use.

System: WinXP SP2, Athlon XP 3200+, 1Gb ram, Asus A7N8X v2 deluxe
--
Cheers,

Guy

Your not going to see any difference, i would recommend setting it back to
0.
Have a gander at this

Detailed Explanation of SecondLevelDataCache
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q183063/

"Dr Teeth" <no_email_here_please@tardis.com> wrote in message
> Does an incorrect value in the registry for my CPU's L2 cache make any
> difference to performance?
>
> I only asked as I checked my registry and it had a value of 0 for my
> L2 cache, my CPU has a 512Kb cache. When I set the correct value, I
> could not see any difference in normal use.
>
> System: WinXP SP2, Athlon XP 3200+, 1Gb ram, Asus A7N8X v2 deluxe
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Guy
>
> ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
> ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
> ** out of someone who richly deserves it.

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:22:28 +0100, "grahamilton"
<graham_hamiltonCANTHESPAM@msn.com> wrote:

>Your not going to see any difference, i would recommend setting it back to
>0.

My L2 cache is 512Kb, so, after reading the helpful link that you
provided, I have decided to leave my value at 512.

Many thanks for your help.
--
Cheers,

Guy