L2 cache registry setting

Does an incorrect value in the registry for my CPU's L2 cache make any
difference to performance?

I only asked as I checked my registry and it had a value of 0 for my
L2 cache, my CPU has a 512Kb cache. When I set the correct value, I
could not see any difference in normal use.

System: WinXP SP2, Athlon XP 3200+, 1Gb ram, Asus A7N8X v2 deluxe
--
Cheers,

Guy

More about cache registry setting

    Your not going to see any difference, i would recommend setting it back to
    0.
    Have a gander at this

    Detailed Explanation of SecondLevelDataCache
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q183063/

    "Dr Teeth" <no_email_here_please@tardis.com> wrote in message
    > Does an incorrect value in the registry for my CPU's L2 cache make any
    > difference to performance?
    >
    > I only asked as I checked my registry and it had a value of 0 for my
    > L2 cache, my CPU has a 512Kb cache. When I set the correct value, I
    > could not see any difference in normal use.
    >
    > System: WinXP SP2, Athlon XP 3200+, 1Gb ram, Asus A7N8X v2 deluxe
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Guy
    >
    > ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
    > ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
    > ** out of someone who richly deserves it.

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:22:28 +0100, "grahamilton"
    <graham_hamiltonCANTHESPAM@msn.com> wrote:

    >Your not going to see any difference, i would recommend setting it back to
    >0.

    My L2 cache is 512Kb, so, after reading the helpful link that you
    provided, I have decided to leave my value at 512.

    Many thanks for your help.
    --
    Cheers,

    Guy