Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to Activate SLI/CrossfireX Mode if I didn't get it shipped thatway

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 6, 2010 3:45:33 PM

I have 2 pretty much equal cards that could of been put in some XTREME SLI/Crossfire mode or something but I didn't realize I wanted that until after it shipped... So as of right now I have the dual monitor hookup, but I was wondering if there was any way I could switch that over to single monitor SLI mode or w/e its called

I'm using:

INTEL I5-750 2.66GHZ 8MB LGA 1156 RET
500 GB SATA II 3.0 GB 16MB 7200RPM
4x-2 (8) GB DDR3 PC3 PC1333
ASUS P7P55D LE P55 CROSSFIRE DDR3 LGA

Video Cards:

PALIT GTS 250 1GB DDR3 PCI-E
EVGA GEFORCE GT 220 1GB PCI-E

I'm kind of a noob to this so flame me all you want, but include an answer if its possible or not since it didnt get shipped that way (but everything in my pc is compatible with SLI stuff I'm assuming)

So basically, is there any way to activate this mode by myself so that I could get better performance on games down the line?

Edit:

If it has to do with how they are hooked up to the inside of the PC.. thats not a problem I can just have a friend do it, i just need to know what has to be done

When i configured it i had the option to:

Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor [+0]
Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors

And i Chose the non-sli mode... so how would i switch it by myself, would i have to buy a part for nvidia cards?

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
January 6, 2010 4:11:56 PM

a GT 220 is in no way close to a GTS250, its much closer to a 8800GTS 320MB card. The GT240 does not support SLI so i find it unlikely that the GT220 does and even if it did you cannot engage SLI since the P7P55D LE is a Crossfire only board, if you were going with a crossfire only board you should have gone with ATI.

If you want better performance in games you will have to upgrade to a single more powerful card, or two ATI cards that you can put in crossfire, your board does not support SLI.
a b Î Nvidia
January 6, 2010 4:17:14 PM

^
+1

I believe boards that support SLI actually have a physical Nvidia chip for SLI on the motherboard. So you can't just "enable" it.
m
l
January 6, 2010 4:35:37 PM

well like i said im a noob, thanks for the replies thats all i needed.. greatly appreciated!
m
l
!