Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp firewall wont enable! tried restoring dll's

Last response: in Windows XP
August 6, 2012 6:41:01 AM

Hello, after recently restoring and getting rid of viruses I experienced a problem with windows firewall not enabling. I already tried what you suggested and was a miracle, that it didn't work any other suggestions oh and because the firewall wont enable I have no internet access
a b 8 Security
August 6, 2012 6:48:18 AM

There is still malware in that system. Can you please link us to the thread where you were advised before so we can see what's been done and what may still need to be done.

Can you access the Internet through Safe Mode?

m
l
August 6, 2012 7:24:12 PM

I was able to reach internet in safe mode before i cleaned my computer of viruses. Ive ran the anti malware system twice and nothing found the second time.
m
l
Related resources
a b 8 Security
August 7, 2012 6:25:54 AM

That link is broken and tells me the thread doesn't exist - it may be a US -v- UK thing.

Have you used MalwareBytes? If not, try it - download install and update from http://www.malwarebytes.com then restart into Safe Mode with Networking, update again and run the full scan. When it completes, click on Show Results then on Remove Selected. Restart into Normal Mode and open MBAM again. Click on the logs tab then copy and paste the log back here.

m
l
August 7, 2012 6:34:31 AM

yes i have post as many things as you can find i'll try them all. But i have no way of reaching an internet website from that computer ive been using a flashdrive.
m
l
!