I have 2.5" External HDD HXD2 320GB , that it was working for one year normally , but yesterday it not work , not recognized by my Lap top it is full of my files & folder with nearly 50 GB free, I hear different sound now come from it now then it stopped I don't how to fix it, & I'd like to ask if I can retrive the information from it. If you can help me I will be very grateful to you
1. Try to connect this HDD to another computer and see if it is detected
2. Try to reseat the cable or even try another cable connecting your HDD to computer
3. Does this HDD appear in BIOS
4. Does this HDD appear in Disk Management (Right Click on Computer >> Manage >> Disk Management) - if it appears here, it should have a drive letter assigned (like D: or E: etc). If there's no letter assigned, you need to assign one.
5. Recuva is a good free Data Recovery Program.
Hope something works out for you - Good luck and A Happy New Year!!!