Intel dx58so problems

Ok i got this board and a i7 940. I installed everything and have ram supported for the board from the site. It worked fine for about 2 and a half weeks then out of no were it would not post. I pulled battery. reset jumpers. I have tried multiple graphics cards, removed all external devices, removed all ram and get the 3 beeps, i couldnt figure out what the problem was. So i contacted intel and they told me the board was defective and to ship it in. I shipped the board with the cap over the CPU socket, and was contacted a few days later. "The board is not operating correctly because you have bent the pins in the socket the instructions said to ship back with the cap on. This aggravated me beyond belief since i had put the cap on. So i asked them how much to fix it 75 dollars ok whatever fix it and send it back. It comes back and install everything again. Same problems absolutely will not post. Another weird thing is they removed a plug off the board it was a axillary power which i believe runs the graphics cards. Can anyone help me with this what could i possibly be doing wrong? I would love to get my i7 system up and running again but it looks like i will be contacting intel support again. Thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about intel dx58so problems
  1. any ideas anyone?
  2. speedyo said:
    Ok i got this board and a i7 940. I installed everything and have ram supported for the board from the site. It worked fine for about 2 and a half weeks then out of no were it would not post. I pulled battery. reset jumpers. I have tried multiple graphics cards, removed all external devices, removed all ram and get the 3 beeps, i couldnt figure out what the problem was. So i contacted intel and they told me the board was defective and to ship it in. I shipped the board with the cap over the CPU socket, and was contacted a few days later. "The board is not operating correctly because you have bent the pins in the socket the instructions said to ship back with the cap on. This aggravated me beyond belief since i had put the cap on. So i asked them how much to fix it 75 dollars ok whatever fix it and send it back. It comes back and install everything again. Same problems absolutely will not post. Another weird thing is they removed a plug off the board it was a axillary power which i believe runs the graphics cards. Can anyone help me with this what could i possibly be doing wrong? I would love to get my i7 system up and running again but it looks like i will be contacting intel support again. Thanks in advance

Don't contact intel and don't purchase a intel product . Even my motherboard (DX58so) caused same problems like you, so i returned it back to the intel. they sent it back saying that some capacitors are missing on the board. But they completely damaged processor socket while returning it.

Then i sent the motherboard to the intel, through a local dealer. Funny part is they replaced the motherboard.

So, the great intel wont care the customers as much as they care dealers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Intel Motherboards