Pc for uncle of a friend Switzerland

Im building a PC for the uncle of a friend. I live in Switzerland and all prices are is Swiss Franks.

Use: It's the first PC of this person so it I don't know what exactly he will use it for but certainly web browsing and other general applications. I want this build to be overkill so that it will hold for many years.

No monitor no mouse nothing only the PC

Components:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition C3, 3.2GHz, AM3, QuadCore CHF 185.-

CPU cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 - Pro PWM Rev.2 CHF 28.-

Case: Xigmatek Asgard Midi Tower - black CHF 49.-

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-400CX, 400W, ATX12V 2.2, 80Plus CHF 72.-

HDD: Samsung HD103SJ, F3, 7200rpm, 32MB, 1TB, SATA-II CHF 99.-

Optical drive: LG GH22NS, 22x DVD±R Brenner, SATA, schwarz CHF 34

RAM: Corsair TW3X4G1600C9DHX, 2x2GB, DDR3-1600, CL9@1.8V CHF 127.- the alternative would be mushkin ddr3-1333 ram with cl9 @1.5V for 11.- less

FAN: GELID Solution Silent 12 PWM Lüfter - 120mm CHF 9.-

MOBO: this is the big question either the Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H for 114.- or the Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P, AMD 770, Socket AM3 for CHF 107

I would sell him my old Geforce 7900GS for 30.- (he said he doesn't want onboard GPU) so the motherboard decision isn't based on the GPU but on the features. I have to say that having an additional GPU if the 7900Gs fails is nice but if the motherboard is otherwise inferior I would prefer the 770T.

Please Comment if you find anything that might give stability issues and help me deciding which ram and which Mobo.

Another question: is the 7900GS much more powerfull then the 785g onboard GPU?

Kind regards Erdinger

Edit: I've forgotten to say. I will be overclock it a little bit only 0.2 or 0.4 GHz.

The purchase date: as soon as possible. The resolution is full HD 1080p.

Prefered parts: actually no prefered parts. I just like good brands over no name stuff (espaccialy when it comes to PSUs)
3 answers Last reply
More about uncle friend switzerland
  1. No answers after one day. That's strange, could you at least give me a affirmation that the system will work properly like this?
  2. Case: you may like the Coolermaster HAF-922.
    Here are the best heatsinks for AMD:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Go with the 785 chipset motherboard.

Another question: is the 7900GS much more powerfull then the 785g onboard GPU?

Definitely.
  3. Thank you for the answer. The case I've chosen costs only very little and is rated pretty well from many people, a nicer case would of course be the choice if I had a bigger budget but this one looks pretty good and should be comfortable enough.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems