EVGA GTX 670 ftw overclock

epicdan

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I have an EVGA gtx 670 ftw, a 750w corsair PSU, and standard air cooling. How should I use EVGA precision X to overclock my GPU, and choose when the GPU increases it's performance? (sometimes I don't think it's clocked as fast as I want it to be when I'm using it)

Solution

Increase the power limit to maximum in order to get a higher boost clock. Increase the GPU about 10-20 Mhz at a time while leaving the memory at default and stress test with furmark and 3d mark 11 to see if its stable. If it is, increase it another 10-20 Mhz and repeat until you got a crash/blue screen, then you go back to the previous GPU clock that is stable. Once you are done with GPU, repeat with memory, increase about 50 Mhz at a time and run furmark and 3d mark 11...

jacknhut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

Increase the power limit to maximum in order to get a higher boost clock. Increase the GPU about 10-20 Mhz at a time while leaving the memory at default and stress test with furmark and 3d mark 11 to see if its stable. If it is, increase it another 10-20 Mhz and repeat until you got a crash/blue screen, then you go back to the previous GPU clock that is stable. Once you are done with GPU, repeat with memory, increase about 50 Mhz at a time and run furmark and 3d mark 11 to see if its stable, keep on increasing till it crashes and/or blue screen, then you know the maximum stable memory frequency.

Solution
When you overclock in Precision once you have a good stable overclock that your comfortable with you then need to save it to a profile. The Precision software has 9 profile settings to save to so that you can have many different settings that you want to use. You could select a profile that you have found to be stable and use it for gaming and then run a profile for non-gaming tasks. That way your not running the card at full overclock all the time that the computer is on.

michaeljhuman

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
I just OC'd a pair of GTX 670s. Not a pro at OCing or Kepler.

I upped the power target to the max, 145% or so. I set custom fan profile to kick fan to 100% above 63C or so, just to ensure I would not limit due to heat.

I did not touch the voltage. Seems to peg the voltage anyway according to Precision, so I did not see the point.

Current results ( will edit it it changes, I already found issues with previous settings)

GPU Clock 1177 Mhz ( +53)
Memory - (stock, will have to work on this later, first want to ensure stable GPU)

Heaven 3.0 ( 1080p, Shaders : Med, Textures : High, Filter : Tri, AF : 16x, Tesselation : Normal)
: 139.7 FPS, 3520 Score

Dirt 3 ( 1080p, Ultra)
: 148.5 FPS (avg)

3D Mark 11 ( Perf preset)
: P15142

CPU was i7 3770 with a 103 Mhz BLOCK. Asus P8Z77V mobo. Corsair Vengeance RAM

VulgrDP

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013

Yeah I got mine up to 520.

TRENDING THREADS