Bluetooth mouse and keyboard keep disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

smont2000

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Hi guys,
I have a new build that works great except for one annoying problem. The bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep disconnecting from the computer at random times while working on the computer. I have to keep going back into the bluetooth control panel to link them with the computer. Is there a way to link them so that this will not happen? I use the Logitech MX5500 keyboard and laser mouse. Thanks for any suggestions.

Solution
Are there any microwaves in the area? Maybe on the other side of a wall? I'm just taking a stab in the dark without knowing any details about your situation. Back when I worked at Epson America at the Long Beach HQ, they were trying to demo a bluetooth printer and it didn't work for crap because the conference room was right next to the lounge, which of course, had a microwave runnin off and on all day.
Are there any microwaves in the area? Maybe on the other side of a wall? I'm just taking a stab in the dark without knowing any details about your situation. Back when I worked at Epson America at the Long Beach HQ, they were trying to demo a bluetooth printer and it didn't work for crap because the conference room was right next to the lounge, which of course, had a microwave runnin off and on all day.

Solution
G

Are your batteries good? Try a fresh set in both keyboard and mouse if you haven't already. Another possibility is a faulty bluetooth dongle.

smont2000

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

Thanks for the idea, but the batteries are new and the bluetooth is in the motherboard.

smont2000

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

Hi Klonopin, thanks for the reply, but there is no microwave in the vicinity. The bluetooth mouse and keyboard both worked fine with the old computer that sat in the same spot where this one sits. I thought there might be a software/driver issue, or better, a software fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.