bananagun

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Hello,

Just ordered my first WC kit (XSPC Rasa 750 RX240) and I will be using my Antec 1200 case. I was planning on mounting it to the back 2 fan spots but I wasnt sure how to place it excatly. Im still going to have the front fans blowing into the case and the top fan is pulling air out. I was thinking of mounting the fans that are attached to the rad on the outside of the case pulling air out of the case and on to the rad but wasnt sure if that would be the best idea. Also wasnt sure if I needed to keep the 2 fans that are already in the case inside to have them puling air out too.

Sorry if it's a little confusing cant really draw pictures at work.

Thanks for the help.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Depending on case airflow, this will work, or you can use the fans to blow cool air through the rad into the case as your top fans would also exhaust this. The air isn't going to be warm or hot by any means and the reduced air volume due to being pushed through your radiator isn't going to cause any issues for your exhaust fans.

General rule of thumb is to get the coolest air you can through your radiators. Other than that, if your case airflow is good, this in turn makes it arbitrary which direction the radiator fans are pushing air.