Problem activating dual channel on DH55TC.

vimal992

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
hii.....GUYS..

just bought an core I3 with intel DH55TC....and installed a transcend ddr3 1333 mhz 1gb ram and its working quite well on only on first 2 slots of the mother board.....means it works on the first two ram slots...one is blue colour and another black one...and other two slots (black and blue)they dont work....if i insert the ram in 3rd and 4th slot the system wont start.

is there any problem with my motherboard or is there any method to unlock the other 2 ram slots??? with this problem can i activate dual channel memory??

thanks for viewing and thanks for any help.......

When you inserted the RAM modules into the DIMM slots, they slid in and you firmly pushed the RAM until the RAM retainers "clicked." Yes?

You tried to use the blue slots first - didn't POST?

You tried the black slots, and that didn't POST either?

You tried the first black and the first blue slots and that POSTED and booted into an operating system?

Your motherboard manual is here. Page 37 says to populate the blue slots first; use the black if you have 4 RAM modules.

Since you can only use the first black and blue DIMM slots to run, and those do not run in dual channel mode, you should return the board for replacement.

vimal992

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
yes exactly.....the second pair of DIMM(black and blue) wont work.....but the 1st pair(BLACK AND BLUE)are working perfectly.....this wont result in dual channel and have to replace my motherboard......any way i will try to upadate bios once and go for replacement.

thanks for the post treefrog07.

sunnymehra85

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
dear to activate the dual channel feature of the board use your ram in the following ways:-

use either 2 or 4 ram

*if u use 2 ram place both ram in both blue(do not use black slot) slots which surely activate your dual channel and ur pc will work great.
**and to achieve the best performance install 4 ram in 4 slots of the board

from sunny

anto8us

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011

Hey vimal992. Did you solve the problem or did you have to replace your motherboard? I am having exactly the same issue with the same components.
Cheers

blindfolded

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014

Hi, you said (do not use black slot).. but why? because i do have problem, my RAM's first slot is covered with my CM Hyper T4 CPU Cooler which I cannot use.. my RAM is Corsair Vengeance, and I want to use dual channel, please help...

kameshkrishnan

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Hi Vimal, Do you remember how you rectify this problem. I have the same problem. First 2 slots are working, next 2 r not(Channel B).
Did you update bios ? did you resolve the issue or happen to replace the bard ? ? appreciate your help.