Sign in with
Your question

Zalman Intel clip for heatsink

Last response: in Overclocking
August 15, 2012 6:30:49 PM

Where would I find a mounting clip set for a zalman heatsink? It uses the AMD retention naturally on the AMD board but when it comes to the LGA 1155 it needs the clips to screw into the backplate but it didn't come with any so my friend is SOL until he can get one since he went from AM2+ to LGA 1155. Please note, I need a Canadian website and it needs to be in stock. If you have one that my friend can purchase, please let me know and we can work it out. Thanks guys.
a c 138 K Overclocking
August 16, 2012 3:36:30 AM

Did you try the Zal,an home web page and contact customer service to see if they would ship one since it was missing? What model Zalman heatsink does he have?
m
l
August 16, 2012 3:43:50 AM

inzone said:
Did you try the Zal,an home web page and contact customer service to see if they would ship one since it was missing? What model Zalman heatsink does he have?

I told him to contact Zalman, not sure if he did but in the case he did I think he would have told me. I believe its a cnps8800 or cnps8900, all the same to me in my opinion.
m
l
Related resources
August 16, 2012 3:51:58 AM

inzone said:
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=49542&vpn=ZM%2DCS5A&manuf...

This fits socket 1156 and it may fit socket 1155 if it's the same.

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=67721&vpn=CNPS%205X%20Per...

For $5 after rebate you can get a whole new cpu cooler instead of trying to chase down the bracket. This could be a last resort type of thing.

Thanks, I wish it was in stock and I know he can get a new one but either him or me are going to use it but there's no clip and its an amazing heatsink imho. Why spend money on a new one if you can use the old one? Y'know.
m
l
a c 138 K Overclocking
August 16, 2012 5:04:38 PM

I understand you reasoning but if you can't find a bracket then what? How long will you search for one?
I did say that getting a new cooler would be a last resort and if your search turned up no bracket then at some point you have to make a choice to either keep looking or get a new one.
You also have to get serious about looking because so far you don't really know the model number and when I suggsted you cantact Zalman you can't tell me if your friend has done so or not. It doesn't appear that your looking very hard and if you want people here to help you then you have to give us the model number.
m
l
August 16, 2012 5:42:03 PM

inzone said:
I understand you reasoning but if you can't find a bracket then what? How long will you search for one?
I did say that getting a new cooler would be a last resort and if your search turned up no bracket then at some point you have to make a choice to either keep looking or get a new one.
You also have to get serious about looking because so far you don't really know the model number and when I suggsted you cantact Zalman you can't tell me if your friend has done so or not. It doesn't appear that your looking very hard and if you want people here to help you then you have to give us the model number.

Its this one, he didn't contact zalman yet. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683...
m
l
a c 138 K Overclocking
August 16, 2012 8:55:27 PM

Note: Customers that purchased coolers before the inclusion of support for socket 1155/1156, can purchase the separately sold ZM-CS5A or ZM-CS5B mounting kit for installation onto socket 1155/1156. The mounting kit ZM-CS4A can be purchased separately for installation onto socket 1366.

Now all you need to do is find out where to buy the brackets because you now have the bracket number.
m
l
a c 138 K Overclocking
August 16, 2012 9:11:29 PM

The bracket included with the cooler is a universal bracket and will fit the 1155 , 1156 and several others. Now your saying that this bracket is missing so that means that you have no bracket at all for the Zalman 9500A cooler correct?
You will most likely have to be contacting customer support at Zalman to getthis bracket.
You can try E-Bay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=Zalman+Clip+Kit+S...
m
l
August 17, 2012 1:14:58 AM

I tried eBay but no luck, either shipping kills or its out of stock on full websites.
m
l
a c 138 K Overclocking
August 17, 2012 2:53:43 AM

I'm sure that if you are able to contact customer service you may get what your looking for but with trying to hunt the bracket down on some web sites may take a while.
m
l
September 12, 2012 9:44:27 PM

Voilenteraser said:
Where would I find a mounting clip set for a zalman heatsink? It uses the AMD retention naturally on the AMD board but when it comes to the LGA 1155 it needs the clips to screw into the backplate but it didn't come with any so my friend is SOL until he can get one since he went from AM2+ to LGA 1155. Please note, I need a Canadian website and it needs to be in stock. If you have one that my friend can purchase, please let me know and we can work it out. Thanks guys.

Hey, I have a 1366 clip he can have if that suits - Also, I'm looking for an AMD clip for my cnps9000 if your friend wants to offload it.

Thanks
m
l
!