Missing diode/resistor on GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R

drpcken

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
I was replacing my Geforce 8800 gtx with a new Radeon HD 5850 on my GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R. Unfortunately when trying to get the 8800 out I knocked a diode/resistor (not sure which one) from the mother board. :pfff: The machine seems to be running fine but I want to know what this is and what it does. It is the one marked below with red arrows.

Ii8NP.png

Do I need to replace the board?

Solution
Ouch! Looks like a capacitor to me... As no schematics for motherboards have been available since the late eighties, not much is known for sure! I'd try posting this to LSDmeASAP over at TweakTown; he, and the guys over at Extreme Systems know as much as any human being outside GB's engineering department about the actual circuitry on the boards. My general opinion: if you don't see any evident problem in performance (i.e., everything seems to function normally), you're OK...

bilbat

Splendid
Ouch! Looks like a capacitor to me... As no schematics for motherboards have been available since the late eighties, not much is known for sure! I'd try posting this to LSDmeASAP over at TweakTown; he, and the guys over at Extreme Systems know as much as any human being outside GB's engineering department about the actual circuitry on the boards. My general opinion: if you don't see any evident problem in performance (i.e., everything seems to function normally), you're OK...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS