$1500ish gaming build

scione

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE:1-2 weeks BUDGET RANGE: $1500 ish After Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, watching movies, internet surfing, homework(lol)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED:keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg, tigerdirect, ncix, other COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Canada

PARTS PREFERENCES: N/A
OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION:1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I would like a quiet computer

PARTS:

wishlist

NOTES: I really do like the samsung spinpoint f3 but i am hesitant to get the 2TB one and would prefer 2 500GB ones.
I do not know how to overclock. I was looking at the radeon HD 5850 but was not sure if i should go for it because it is like $50 above the original price.

So tell me any comments or suggestions you guys have. Thanks

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Well, there's a few problems I see here. The first one is the ram. Wow. You definitely won't need more than 4GB of ram for this build, so you can save about $300 there. Also, there is no GPU in there (I would suggest the HD 5850) and the PSU, while being of high quality, probably isn't as big as you'd like. If you're going to SLI/Xfire, I'd suggest the 750W Corsair (either TX or HX, HX is modular). As for the HDD, I didn't even know that there was a 2TB version of the F3 (although I don't know what the EG stands for). If there is a computer parts store you can go to nearby they might be able to order it in for you. If not then the Seagate 7200.12 is a good replacement.