Sign in with
Your question

MOTHERBOPARD FOR PHENOM X4 945

Last response: in Motherboards
August 7, 2010 3:26:21 PM

Hi friends....I'm gonna get a AMD PHENOM II X4 945 real soon with 2GB OCZ RAM,an ATI 5770 1GB card,16inch AOC monitor....etc etc....
I need help for selecting a good motherboard(AM3) which supports this Procerssor well.....
I can get 2 of these brands easaily....ASUS & GIGABYTE.....Which of this 2 brand will be good.....Thanks
a c 296 V Motherboard
August 7, 2010 7:16:13 PM

Hi.

1- What is ur budget?
2- If u are planing build that rig for gaming I suggest to u that add 2GB RAM more for 4GB total.
3- Do u want OC? Crossfire? Both ASUS and Gigabyte are very good brands just depends of ur requirements.
m
l
August 8, 2010 8:23:01 AM

saint19 said:
Hi.

1- What is ur budget?
2- If u are planing build that rig for gaming I suggest to u that add 2GB RAM more for 4GB total.
3- Do u want OC? Crossfire? Both ASUS and Gigabyte are very good brands just depends of ur requirements.

Yah I know 2GB RAM is not enough...but I'm kinda tight on budget right now & I'll get another 2GB later but I'm confused about the mobo...coz if I got an Intel I would have definitely bought Intel mobo...but in case of AMD I'm not sure...Also I don't know anything about a crossfire or an OC
Plz advise.....
thanx
m
l
Related resources
a c 296 V Motherboard
August 8, 2010 3:45:49 PM

OK. Let me know ur budget for the mobo and with that I can give some options for the mobos and rig that u are building.
m
l
August 9, 2010 4:06:50 PM

Saint19 I'd be interested in this as well. I was originally not even condidering using an AMD processor, but from reading here and elsewhere it seems AMD may be better for the future and also price.
But having only used Intel for many years I have little knowledge of AMD, so this would be great info for me as well.Besides I'd like to get as many opinions as possible.
I only plan on using one Video card, probably a GTX460 1GB. AND AM3 boards seem to be the best for future use as well.Now considering I won't be using 2 cards that should save me a bit of money, but I would also like a reliable MB. Many have suggested MSI, but I also want a brand thats well documented, as later on I want to try my hand at OC'ing, and in general I want to know how everything works.
I would hope a good reliable MB that only runs one Video card should be around $100- $150.
Plus anyone who knows about Memory , it would be great to hear from you as well. I would like memory that the MB detects right away at the right speed. I'm assuming 1333 should be good for that correct ?
m
l
a c 296 V Motherboard
August 9, 2010 8:18:03 PM

I think that this Gigabyte is a solid option for you since has all that u need for a good price.

Exist some other better options but are more expensive and support somethings that u don't need like Crossfire. Currently I have a Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 but is more expensive and support 3-Way Crossfire that like u say u don't need.
m
l
August 11, 2010 1:30:30 PM

Just for others who may be interested as well, this:
GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard is the MB saint19 is talking about. Its just I would have to think that not everyone is interested in crossfire and want a good reliable board thats fairly futureproof, and don't need a lot of extra options. This one seems to fill the bill quite nicely, and at a very good price.Not only that but it gets very good ratings as well.
I'm finding it takes a fair amount of rresearch to find all the right components for a build, and I haven't even got to build or assemble anything yet !
Thanks saint19 !
m
l
a c 296 V Motherboard
August 11, 2010 1:50:32 PM

Your welcome and enjoy ur rig.
m
l
!