LRB, M$ OS, Fermi, from the AMD perspective

I like hiow he says DX11 is the fastest to games to come out, its the easiest DX so far, how much better it is doing the same things etc.

Also, looking forwards to W7s implementation on MT, and of course games as well, using physics on cpu, as they go MC.
He touched on alot of things we used to have, and where were going, which helps explain a few things for those who have questions

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

Well im glad to see that they have plans to compete with Physx, but i still dont like their marketing methods. They seem to low- key for such an amazing gpu.

And I believe this hurts them, but their activities within the open source community has been good at times, tho I know theres those working there thatd like to see expansion in their marketing, which some of it has already been done, and has worked tremendously, unfortunately, it isnt a overall POV......... yet

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
I can't say AMD didn't make progress with marketing, just look at Dirt 2, it actually has an AMD advert at the beginning (like 'runs great on Intel blank). However they need television commercials to get out to the general public. I mean just go to their site, and look at the Vision page. Its perfect marketing (all sleek and colorful), begging to be seen by the masses. Look at it you'll believe its has potential. It like Apple commercials, all sleek and stuffed with effects- the stuff the general public loves.