Sign in with
Your question

A problem with GTX 560ti

Last response: in Overclocking
August 16, 2012 2:39:19 PM

Hello everyone,
So, I bought a GTX 560 ti from EVGA 6 months ago, it was working really well until taday. I was playing nfs pro street when suddenly my pc shutdown. I tried many things and I found out it was the gpu which was causing trouble. I removed it from my system and my pc worked fine......but as soon as I plugged 560 ti in it it would not want to start...the whole system. The question is, when I removed the 2x6pin connectors the card started as well as the system, obviously there was no display. I don't understand the problem with gpu (GTX 560ti), now I am using my old 9500GT and everything is working as it should. So I want to ask, why is my gpu not working? Does it short circuits when I plug the connectors, or what? Sorry for the long post. Your replies will be much appreciated.
Thanks!

More about : problem gtx 560ti

a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 2:48:38 PM

may be your power supply, what brand and wattage is it?
m
l
August 16, 2012 2:54:34 PM

carowden said:
may be your power supply, what brand and wattage is it?

Xilence 700 watt PSU.......recommended is 500 watts for 560 ti.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 2:59:11 PM

well im unsure as to whether or not that company makes reputable psus, so ill not say thats the problem for sure. ill leave that to someone who knows them better...

as far as determining whether or not its the card itself, do you know anyone with a computer that you could test the card in? just to see if itll fire up in their system?
m
l
August 16, 2012 3:03:27 PM

carowden said:
well im unsure as to whether or not that company makes reputable psus, so ill not say thats the problem for sure. ill leave that to someone who knows them better...

as far as determining whether or not its the card itself, do you know anyone with a computer that you could test the card in? just to see if itll fire up in their system?

Thanks for the reply! Yep, I checked it in my friend's pc, but the same problem.
BTW he has a 650 watt power supply.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 3:14:28 PM

well i would go ahead and try to rma it with evga. even if its a refurbished item it should have a 1 year warranty. did you purchase it new/refurbished?
m
l
August 16, 2012 3:59:43 PM

carowden said:
well i would go ahead and try to rma it with evga. even if its a refurbished item it should have a 1 year warranty. did you purchase it new/refurbished?

I purchased it new and it is still in warranty....
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 16, 2012 4:49:27 PM

yeah then definitely get that thing replaced
m
l
August 17, 2012 11:58:53 AM

Dont waste time. Sent that card in to get a replacement
m
l
!