Monitor shut down, computer is still on

What is wrong with my computer when the monitor shut down but the computer is still on. My computer is an HP Media Center PCm 1095c Pentium 4. I already clean the inside.
4 answers Last reply
More about monitor shut down computer
  1. What kind of cable do you use to connect to your monitor?
  2. Change the power settings, its shutting off monitor after a certain amount of time to save power, shut it off if you like.
  3. When you say monitor shutdown do you mean the power goes completely off at the monitor by itself? Or does the LED still blinks?
  4. mcajigal said:
    What is wrong with my computer when the monitor shut down but the computer is still on. My computer is an HP Media Center PCm 1095c Pentium 4. I already clean the inside.

Thank you guys for replying.. I guess my question is the picture in the monitor goes out but the power to the computer and monitor is still on. I solve the problem by looking at the video card. The video card fan is not working which indicate video card is overheating that is the reason I see picture for a while and then disappear. I replaced the video card and it solved the problem. A $23 item from Ebay if you could find one. Make sure that if you are buying a video /graphic card that edge connector is the same as yours. Mine is a PCI Express.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computer Monitors Shutdown Components