Sign in with
Your question

Monitor shut down, computer is still on

Last response: in Components
March 17, 2010 10:17:56 PM

What is wrong with my computer when the monitor shut down but the computer is still on. My computer is an HP Media Center PCm 1095c Pentium 4. I already clean the inside.

More about : monitor shut computer

March 17, 2010 10:36:38 PM

What kind of cable do you use to connect to your monitor?

m
l
March 17, 2010 10:58:18 PM

Change the power settings, its shutting off monitor after a certain amount of time to save power, shut it off if you like.
m
l
Related resources
March 18, 2010 12:44:17 AM

When you say monitor shutdown do you mean the power goes completely off at the monitor by itself? Or does the LED still blinks?
m
l
March 25, 2010 1:34:23 PM

mcajigal said:
What is wrong with my computer when the monitor shut down but the computer is still on. My computer is an HP Media Center PCm 1095c Pentium 4. I already clean the inside.

Thank you guys for replying.. I guess my question is the picture in the monitor goes out but the power to the computer and monitor is still on. I solve the problem by looking at the video card. The video card fan is not working which indicate video card is overheating that is the reason I see picture for a while and then disappear. I replaced the video card and it solved the problem. A $23 item from Ebay if you could find one. Make sure that if you are buying a video /graphic card that edge connector is the same as yours. Mine is a PCI Express.
m
l
!