HD5750 Resolution Help

G

Hey just put together new computer and having troubles running on higher rosultion then 1360 X 768 @ 60 hertz. I am using a Sony Bravia 27" LCD When I do, the image flickers extremly fast. This IS for my screen resoultion, havn't had the chance to try any games yet however.

Current Specs:
Video Card: Saphire HD5750 1GB Graphics
CPU: Phenom X2 Quad Core 3.2 GHz
Ram: Patriot (2x2GB) Ram DDR3 1600
Mobo: MSI 770-c45

Would really appreciate some suggestion/advice on how to reach optimal resolution.

-Ryan

It sounds like the display drivers are not installed properly. Before you have the display drivers, it will limit your max resolution, and usually flickers a lot, because the CPU is rendering your desktop instead of the GPU.

G

it's 1080p, I have all of the graphics, I downloaded a couple game demos. Played bioshock demo on max settings and at 1920x1080 and it worked beutifully.

It's just annoying that I need to keep my desktop at 1360x768, massive icons. the video card and mobo's drivers installed, got the latest updates as well.

G

it's 1080p, I have all of the graphics, I downloaded a couple game demos. Played bioshock demo on max settings and at 1920x1080 and it worked beutifully.

It's just annoying that I need to keep my desktop at 1360x768, massive icons. the video card and mobo's drivers installed, got the latest updates as well.