Is my Hard Drive failing

Hi, recently i have been having problems playing games on my PC the problems i am having is games keep randomly freezing and unfreezing at crucial moments whilst i am gaming and i do have the requirements to play most games by looking at my specs.

Now the hard drive i own is a Western Digital Blue 7200rpm but i have also tried another hard drive and that was coming down to the same symptoms i have come to a complete dead end here and i dunno what else to do if anyone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

Michael Ryle
7 answers Last reply
More about hard drive failing
  1. How about you start by listing your system specs and then telling us what games you are having trouble with and what settings they are on.
  2. Oh sorry i put it on my profile i thought you could see it

Motherboard: M5A78L/USB3
    CPU: AMD FX 6100 3.3Ghz
    GPU: EVGA 550 ti
    PSU: Corsair 850TX V1
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 Gigabyte
  3. michael ryle said:
    Oh sorry i put it on my profile i thought you could see it

Motherboard: M5A78L/USB3
    CPU: AMD FX 6100 3.3Ghz
    GPU: EVGA 550 ti
    PSU: Corsair 850TX V1
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 Gigabyte

Okay, now what games are you playing that are giving you trouble? What resolution? General settings in game?(AA, etc)
  4. Well i play games at 1600x900 resolution sometime i play on 1366x788 and the games i do play is Battlefield 3, left 4 dead 2, Dead Island, Call of Duty MW2 and for in game settings i just let the game pick my settings but turn off the AA and AF settings because i never see a difference.
  5. michael ryle said:
    Well i play games at 1600x900 resolution sometime i play on 1366x788 and the games i do play is Battlefield 3, left 4 dead 2, Dead Island, Call of Duty MW2 and for in game settings i just let the game pick my settings but turn off the AA and AF settings because i never see a difference.

I would do a quick run through with a couple games at 1366x788 with all settings turned down to minimum and see if that helps. If it does, you just need a more powerful GPU. If it doesn't it's probably time to start overclocking your CPU.
  6. The thing is i just got my FX - 6100 from a Phenom x4 965 and i still have the same problem also i have used another GPU Sapphire 6770 and the problem still remained.
  7. michael ryle said:
    The thing is i just got my FX - 6100 from a Phenom x4 965 and i still have the same problem also i have used another GPU Sapphire 6770 and the problem still remained.

The FX-6100 and 550ti aren't much of an upgrade from the 965 and 6770.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Games Storage