Biostar A785G3 Mobo / Unlocking Processor Cores

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a Biostar A785G3 ver6 motherboard and an AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE processor. I was hoping to try and unlock the two dormant cores on the processor.

I read that in addition to enabling Advanced Clock Calibration (in the BIOS), you need to set a certain EC Firmware Selection to "Hybrid." Unfortunately, I didn't originally have such a setting, and after flashing the BIOS to the updated version am still unable to find it.

Can anyone tell me how exactly I should go about this? Do I even need the EC Firmware Selection option? Setting ACC to Auto otherwise causes my computer to refuse to boot, and I have to clear CMOS.

If this isn't because of the lack of EC Firmware Selection and is because one of the cores is bad, how do I use the Per Core setting to selectively enable cores? It keeps giving me values like -2%, +2%, 0%, etc, etc for each core. What do I do?

Thanks in advance!
1 answer Last reply
More about biostar a785g3 mobo unlocking processor cores
  1. It's possible your disabled cores won't run stable. You can try increasing the cpu voltage by .1 volts but your temps will rise.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Processors Biostar