Solved

All purpose system for >$1000

My Gateway system crapped out, so I need a new one. There is a local system integrator that will build me a system. I want to tell them what to put in it, and not let them lead me, because I don't know squat.
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: this week
BUDGET RANGE: $1000 including O/S
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Research/web surfing,business applications (Office etc) email, digital photograpy, some on-line gaming (nothing too involved)
PARTS NOT REQUIRED:: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS using local intergrator
OVERCLOCKING: No / SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe in the future
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1200 I'm somewhat flexible on price but my main goal is to keep this thing running for years. I generally don't upgrade for 6 or so years.

Thanks
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about purpose system 1000
  1. Best answer
    CPU: i5-750 $195

Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E Pro $190

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2 GB 1333 mhz CAS Latency 7 $100

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500 GB $55

PSU: Corsair 550W $74 after rebate

Case: Antec 300 $60

GPU: HD 5770 $155 after rebate

Optical: Cheapest SATA DVD burner $25

Total: $954. The video card might be a bit overkill, depending on your definition of "on-line gaming"...
  2. Thanks!

I have always believed in you can never have too much memory or too good a GPU. On line gaming is something I do rarely but often enough that i don't need to be frustrated when I do play.

I can live with almost anything, but the Photoshopping is what really has me concerned. Every system i have ever used always wound up crashing durning a session of massaging a file until it was ready to be sent to the printer.
  3. You could add an additional hard drive or two if you want additional storage or backups or something. MadAdmiral's build is very good, nothing further to recommend.
  4. Well then I guess that's what I will get! thanks
  5. Best answer selected by bertmor.
  6. Hi,
    Sorry to intrude on your thread but madadmiral I really like your build.
    Could you recommend an aftermarket cpu cooler that would fit on that motherboard?
    I am trying to build a system for the first time and want to do some like oc. I kno the risks, but that's all part of the fun right?
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product