Shop politics for AMD for not Bying!!!!!

chrs1984

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2003
Hello guys,

I went to shop to upgrade my system.I have an AMD Athlon XP 2400+ for 8 years!I think it is time to change it!I went to the shop and I told the seller I want an AMD Phenom II 955 BE for a cpu!
He told me ''Why do you want AMD?I feel sorry about you!If you choose an AMD you will have problems with your PC?All technicians in the shop use Intel Core Cpus!That means something!But its your choice!''
Ok that was frightening for me! :ouch: I had second thought about not buying an AmD!I told him my athlon was very stable those years!Has it change something about the reability and stability of an AMD?
I got no answer!He told me I would Prefer an Intel!you cant go wrong with that and you want have thermal issues!I Told him issues have those who overclocke it!I never overclocked mine!
The question is.This is politics from the shops or tha guy there had right???
Do Amd have problems with thermal issues or the guy there was trying to shell Intel cores?
He suggste me an intel quad core but the socket he was suggesting me was Dead!Cpu:
Intel Core 2 Quad 8400 mobo with a s775 also dead! :pfff:

P.S i left the shop and went to another seller and orderd an Amd Phennom II 955 BE!
Do the recent AMD Have problems???I think there the best perfomance/value cpu right now!

thanks for your time!!!

Look

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
I had an Athlon x2 5000+ BE for 3 years, and now I just upgraded to a Phenom II x4, the same one you purchased. No problems on heat for either one, although my 955 BE is running a couple degrees higher than I would like. But no, I have not had any issues through AMD processors.

I thought Intel was the best when I was little because every computer we had used an Intel processor. Intel does make good chips, but there are a lot of good value chips that AMD puts out. Intel fanboys usually know very little about computing, sounds like the "shop" you went to is the same way.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
whoever worked at that store is an idiot. they probably just wanted you to spend more money (intel procs are more expensive).

he should be fired for making comments like that IMO.

AMD cpu's are just as reliable as intel CPUs, and only marginally behind performance wise (but at a lower cost).

Starges

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010

Maybe he thinks he'll get some diccounts from Intel for adv.in their cpus! :lol: :lol:

Why does he even stock AMD proc.s if he don't like them?

Dweeb!!

Look

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

He is totally right. Buy an AMD processor and your computer will hang when playing a game.

/sarcasm

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
That guy is an idiot...I wouldn't employ him as a floor sweeper if I owned that computer store ;)

AMD and Intel both make very good and reliable CPUs. As many people have said above Intel have the slight lead in performance but AMD definitely have better value for your money and their chips also perform very well. You were right to trust your own instincts and go with the AMD if thats what you wanted. You obviously know a lot more than he does ;)

chrs1984

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2003
i insisted on Amd because my old Athlon XP 2400+ served me for 8 years without any problem but i used a thermatake cooler for cooling it!
And i was wondering if the Phenom witch comes in box i f his cooller is ok???I dont want to spend money for a cooler!
Also he comes with warranty 3 year with box edition!
i wont overclock it!

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Which Thermaltake cooler do you currently have? It may fit but I can't say 100%. Although saying that the stock AMD Heatsink & Fan performs well enough if you aren't overclocking. It's all I use on my rig (see link in sig) and I don't overclock. The cooler the better though I guess ;)

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
My 955 BE that cost less than my Q9400 kicks ass on Intel in the same price range. It's at 3.8 GHz stock voltage and completelyt stable. I'm now converted to AMD after 6 Intel CPUs over the last 2 years.

The salesman probably gets a higher percentage of the sale as a commission if he sells an Intel product (since they cost more so the sale is higher) - or he was trying to steer you into spending more money so he could make more commission.