Ram burned out ?

kenleyso

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2012
Hey guys after overclocking my E5200 to 2.5 Ghz to 2.8 Ghz. I ran Prime 95 stress test for four hours and restarted the computer.To my surprise the system says i have 2gb ram but before i ran the test i know i have 3gb ram.Do you think a part of my ram burned out because of the stress test.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Reseat your ram, if that doesn't work restore the stock setting and see if the other 1gb stick of ram works. If that doesn't work than take out he 2gb stick and leave just the 1gb in there and see if it boots up.

If you think you had a 3gb stick of ram I can pretty much guarantee you, you don't I don't recall ever hearing about one being made.

If you havent already keep track of your computer temps as well. When you take out the ram you can verify the amount of ram you have yourself by looking at the label on it, and if that somehow peeled off or no easily identifiable markings are on it you can use this program to get full specs of your system to verify things yourself. (This is the lazy way I go about it, or I believe you may be able to look it up in your computer without installing anything I haven't tried that in awhile)

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Oh yeah what OS are you running, if it is something like 32bit XP, off hand I think it will only show something in the 3gb range in terms of ram at max instead of say 4gb if you have it. So be sure to tell us that as well.