Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New Graphics card for my comp?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 7, 2010 7:42:26 AM

I need to buy a new graphics card for some pc games and overall use,
but i an not a comp expert so i need some assistance for what card suits my compurter, and that the card is above average good. :) 

Specs for my computer follows. (incl. useless info, copy/paste from using PCWiz. ) ;) 


Mainboard : FUJITSU SIEMENS AMD690VM-FMH
Chipset : AMD RS690G
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @ 2600 MHz
Physical Memory : 2048 MB
Video Card : ATI Radeon X1200 Series
Hard Disk : ST3160815AS (160 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H60N ATA Device
Monitor Type : L19W-10 - 19 inches
Network Card : RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Home Basic Home Edition 6.00.6000
DirectX : Version 10.00
Windows Performance Index : 3.0

More about : graphics card comp

January 7, 2010 7:46:50 AM

Any more info needed? ask and i will add.. Thanks
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2010 7:59:15 AM

kaizu85 said:
Any more info needed? ask and i will add.. Thanks


Yes!
- Monitor resolution
- Power supply wattage and brand
- Maximum budget for the purchase
m
0
l
Related resources
January 7, 2010 8:14:34 AM

Current Display : 1280x768 pixels at 75 Hz in True Colors (32-bit)


Features :
Maximum Resolution : 1440 x 900 @ 59 Hz
Horizontal frame rate : 30 - 82 kHz
Vertical frame rate : 56 - 75 Hz
Bandwidth : 140 MHz

Video Modes Supported :
Mode : 720 x 400 @ 70 Hz
Mode : 640 x 480 @ 60 Hz
Mode : 640 x 480 @ 75 Hz
Mode : 800 x 600 @ 60 Hz
Mode : 800 x 600 @ 72 Hz
Mode : 800 x 600 @ 75 Hz
Mode : 1024 x 768 @ 87 Hz interlaced
Mode : 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Video Modes Standard :
Mode : 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Mode : 1440 x 0 @ 75 Hz

cant find any info on the power supply...
budget is max aroud 100-150€
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2010 11:29:34 AM

kaizu85 said:
Current Display : 1280x768 pixels at 75 Hz in True Colors (32-bit)


Features :
Maximum Resolution : 1440 x 900 @ 59 Hz
Horizontal frame rate : 30 - 82 kHz
Vertical frame rate : 56 - 75 Hz
Bandwidth : 140 MHz

Video Modes Supported :
Mode : 720 x 400 @ 70 Hz
Mode : 640 x 480 @ 60 Hz
Mode : 640 x 480 @ 75 Hz
Mode : 800 x 600 @ 60 Hz
Mode : 800 x 600 @ 72 Hz
Mode : 800 x 600 @ 75 Hz
Mode : 1024 x 768 @ 87 Hz interlaced
Mode : 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Video Modes Standard :
Mode : 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Mode : 1440 x 0 @ 75 Hz

cant find any info on the power supply...
budget is max aroud 100-150€


The PSU is probably the most important part. If you have a good quality brand PSU (Corsair, Antec, Ocz, etc.) with at least 400W then the nVidia 250 is the best choice. If you get deals for ATI 4870/4890 or nVidia 260 in your budget then go that way, but only if the PSU is good quality.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2010 12:51:23 PM

Quote:
HD 4870 or HD 4850/GTS 250. 9800GT is a good choice too. Will run on pretty much any PSU. HD 3870 pretty nice too.


3870 is useless, so is the 9800 GT
m
0
l
a c 145 U Graphics card
January 7, 2010 12:58:48 PM

why would it useless?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2010 12:59:39 PM

renz496 said:
why would it useless?


Compared with the other cards....
m
0
l
January 8, 2010 1:52:58 PM

Ok.. I think i figured out the PSU.. I found this "serial" e190414 when i opened the computer, (after doing some research about the issue) and i searched for it on http://database.ul.com/cgi-bin/XYV/template/LISEXT/1FRA... and the results give that the psu is of FSP Group Inc.? can this be right?
And is it any good for anything?

Thaks for the suggestions btw,
m
0
l
January 8, 2010 2:01:26 PM

more research revealed that it is a Fortron FSP350-60HLC (im so stupid) :na:  as it says on the Psu "box"

And the wattage would then be 350W

So if i would buy a "Antec BP 500U-EC Basiq 500W" is that good enough for... what? :o 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 8, 2010 2:05:12 PM

kaizu85 said:
more research revealed that it is a Fortron FSP350-60HLC (im so stupid) :na:  as it says on the Psu "box"

And the wattage would then be 350W

So if i would buy a "Antec BP 500U-EC Basiq 500W" is that good enough for... what? :o 


The Antec PSU is good.
m
0
l
January 8, 2010 2:08:02 PM

ok, but what graph gard/s would be suggested?

how about this..

Asus ENGTS250 DK/DI/512MD3 Dark Knight

As long as it is not totally crap it will do, i am Not looking for a card to run any "new" games or so, i have my console 4 that.. ;) 

How is the "low" buget cards then? any good ideas?
m
0
l
January 9, 2010 9:33:55 AM

Quote:
Give us a budget, everbody has a different idea of budget.

@ $100 - Nvidia GTS 250
@ $140 - ATI 5750
@ $$155 - ATI 5770

I wouldnt recommend getting anything faster than those cast listed due to the processor bottleneck, I would also advise that you add another 2GBs of memory to the system in addition to a video card.

Edit:

The ASUS GTS 250 is a good card, send a link of where you are buying it from, because I can find you a really cheap Palit GTS250 for $112!


http://www.verkkokauppa.com/popups/prodinfo.php?id=4358...
There's the link, prices in euros. (text is Finnish) :) 

http://www.verkkokauppa.com/popups/prodinfo.php?id=4952...
There is also the (ATI) Sappire 5750
m
0
l
!