8 core zeon overclokc

puru1027

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Hi I'm Pooh nice to meet you..

I try to overclock intel's 8 core zeon...

Ah..

Super computer...hahahah :) I know It's not but I love it..

is it possible overclock 8 core zeon?

There is hardware lock?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Xeons aren't meant to overclock- they are designed for system stability in servers and workstations. If you wanted to overclock, why wouldn't you just buy an unlocked i7 desktop chip?

Server/workstation computing power isn't all about 'clock speed'.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Pretty certain that Xeons cannot be overclocked- that would defeat their entire purpose. I believe that there are some older Xeons that had the ability to OC, but even then it was very limited and the boards that supported them wouldn't allow it or only allow minimal adjustments. I think this discussion is really trying to look at the idea of using hardware for something it's truly not designed or able to do.

Please tell me why you need any 8-core Xeon to run faster than it already does? What software are you planning to use that necessitates that? If you have something that does, then you need to look into a dual Xeon workstation board, not overclocking.

This is a classic case of a user knowing just enough information to make uninformed decisions over.

G

you can, I see it done many times
put one in a x58 system and let it rip
I seen a 2.4ghz xeon clock to 4ghz :eek: with the right setup they're the best cpu for ocing

let me just find a few links

edit
here is someone with a 6 core one, overclocking
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=714828&highlight=xeon

xeons are higher binned cpu's witch make the run far cooler and far more stable, witch = more ocing
the only hard part about ocing a xeon is finding the right mobo, don't look for a sever mobo, many top of the line desktop ones support xeons

OP
what cpu and motherboard do you have ?

G

ya, most xeons overclock
but finding the right hardware to OC them is supper hard :fou: if not imposable
I been trying to find a dual socket 1366 mobo with sli, 1 pci socket and overclocking support
the closest thing I can find is the EVGA SR-2, but it has no pci socket. :??:

puru1027

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

Is there unlocked 8 core zeon?? I will use it for compiling of my program developpment ^^

If there is no unlocked 8 core zeon ... Can I overclock it as old time fsb prequency settup??

If SR-X have good overclocking ability I will use it :)

puru1027

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012

You have wrong Idea..

I overclocked zeon 2440 at my x38 board..

Zeon is just a cpu... nothing else..

And If I blow off my cpu it's okay to me:)

G

just about every cpu is not designed overclock