Solved

Finalizing my build. Feedback needed.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: this week to next week.
BUDGET RANGE: 1000

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (most of the time FPS, like MW2, upcoming BFBC2, Valve Games), Ripping and transcoding media files, download nzb (including raring and paring), Hackintosh

PARTS NOT REQUIRED:
* DVD (Samsung 22X SATA)
* Keyboard (Logitech G17)
* Mouse (Logitech G500)
* Monitor (Viewsonic 1680x1050)
* HD (Raptor 174GB SATA with 1TB secondary disk SATA)
* OS (windows 7 x64)
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com, zipzoomfly.com, and amazon.com.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES:
Intel.

OVERCLOCKING:
No
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Not right now but may do in the future. I just have hard time justify doing SLI when single better video card come out that can beat SLI's benchmark in long run.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1680x1050 (currently), future: 1920x1080 or 1920x1200

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I am torn on the motherboard. TBH I am not fan of new USB 3.0/SATA 3.0. Is it worth to have those? See Mobo lists.

CASE: COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black link
GPU:XFX HD-585A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB link
CPU:Intel Core i5-750 link
RAM:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB link
PSU:CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W link

MOBO: heres the problem, so far I have several choices-
GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3R link (no usb3.0/sata 3.0)
GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P link (have "everything")
GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD4 link (microATX)
GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 link (almost similar to UD3R, but have 3.0 stuff)
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro link (non-gigabyte choice)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about finalizing build feedback needed
  1. well if your looking for a GIGABYTE board then might as well get usb 3.0/ 6gb/s sata.
    Its backwards compatible, so why not get it. If you plan on keeping this system for a few years i would do it for sure.
  2. so which one, UD3 or UD4P?
  3. Best answer
    You are not going to crossfire with that power supply anyway, so the P55A-UD3 seems the best choice. Its the P55A model so it is newer built, has newer bios and has USB3 and its cheaper than the older P55-UD3R. USB3 may be nice for backing up onto external USB drives or using other high speed peripherals in the near future. I am not as excited about SATA 6GB as USB3.
  4. ok... i think that helped. What about the power supply? is 650W good or should i go for 750? (according to newegg, I can save more with 750W)

thanks for your reply!
  5. If the 750TX is cheaper, pick it up. If not, stick with the 650TX since you don't plan on Crossfiring and won't need more than the 650TX.
  6. It wont hurt to get the 750 instead of the 650 if its actually cheaper that way.
  7. alright, thanks people! you guys are all helpful!
  8. you can also keep the 650 and if you want to Xfire in 2 year, just buy a new PSU.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product