HELP Brand new build shuts down itself

Freebird87

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Hi everybody!
Im new to Tom's hardware and I have a big problem... :(

I made this build myself today with hardware I ordered from Tigerdirect and Ncix, here are the parts:

Case = Antec NineHundred
Motherboard = ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
CPU = Intel i7 920
CPU Cooler = Corsair H50
RAM = Corsair 1600 Dominator DDR3 6gb kit
HDD = Seagate baracuda 320gb sata
DVD drive/burner = LG sata
GPU's = Two BFG GTX260 in SLi
PSU = Corsair HX750 modular

I was very excited until I started it for the 1st time and after setting the bios and trying to install Windows7... the pc started to shuts itself down with no particular reasons for my knowledge... :??: It shuts down and reboot itself continously so I figured something was wrong..

First I tried to unplug my second video card since I tough maybe my psu wasnt strong enough for this sli setup even if I checked lots of reviews and stuff before buying it... No change.
Then I tried lots of things like unpluging all hardware one by one, reseting the bios with the mobo jumber, changing the video card... unpluging everything and plug it again witout ANY changes ! :pfff:

Im desperate... I don't know what to do and this PC cost me a lot every part is brand new! (except for the HDD comes from my old PC)

Please somebody help me I would try another psu but is it even possible a quality psu like this to be defective out of the box?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Having a loose or improperly connected power cable to the motherboard has caused similar problems. Check the secondary 8 (or 4 pin) power cable on the motherboard.

Go through all the steps on the "read before posting boot problems" sticky. It really does cover the majority of the likely problems.

codiak8007

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
If the time between power on and shutdown is variable, it is most likely a thermal issue related to your CPU.

You should be able to boot to your bios and check the CPU temp quickly enough to validate this as your issue.

Freebird87

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Thanks for your answers but I don't think its a temperature problem since I got the H50 and first thing I did when I started up my PC is checking the temps in the bios and it was around 30* ... The problem started after I put the windows7 dvd and the "windows is loading files..." message showed up then the PC shut down for the first time...

PLEASE HELP

Freebird87

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Oh and last times I tried to start it, it would POST and right after shut down itself... and power on again itself... I checked the cooler it seem perfeclty in place very stiff....

Freebird87

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I tried to reset the cmos removing the battery, unpluging the HDD and the DVD and still it shuts down right after POST... I didnt put any mobo speeker tough maybe I would get a message or something?
I tried to remove a DIMM too but no changes...

My psu seem to be runing at full speed because the fan is very noisy but its like this since the first time I started the PC..