Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking going good but,Can i trust pc wizard? cooling issues

Last response: in Overclocking
August 17, 2012 10:22:41 PM

Hey all. I have been overclocking, experimenting, studying, and learning for weeks now with my cpu. I have an amd fx 4100. I know this thing has polar reviews, some great some horrible. Yes i have run into some issues with it here and there but for the most part im impressed. Heres what i got going on at the moment.

AMD FX 4100 clocked @ 4560

Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System

8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory

GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard

Ive been researching and experimenting. The liquid cooling came with it. It works pretty good to me. My mobo also isnt very overclocking friendly so i put in a enzotech mosfet heatsink.

I can get the thing to run at 4620 but only stable with 1.5v. And that caused it to jump up to 71 degrees C. Right now i have it at 4560 with the voltage set to 1.45. Torture test is still going as of now with no probs and the temps seemed to have topped off at
58-59 C.
Now my issues and concerns are: first i watch the temps with pc wizard. I used to use AMD overdrive but that seemed to always give me higher readings than PC wizard and afew other programs. Is this reading accurate? im hoping that it is and not giving me a low reading while my components are inside melting lmao.
Also. I keep cool & quiet on auto. Is this good or bad? i tried it out with it disabled but it didnt seem to make a difference.
Along with the liquid cooling and the mosfet heatsink i also have a side panel fan. I want to crank up the juice more and i could barely hear the fans, i know they could work harder, so what do i change in bios to ensure the fans work harder? I want to keep everything under 60 if thats possible. Any feedback and advice is much appreciated
a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 18, 2012 1:50:56 AM

Overdrive is probably the accurate reading. I know the Phenom's had some sort of issue with the on-board temps reading lower than actual and overdrive compensates for it. I thought they would have fixed it for Bulldozer though.

For my 1045t, HMmonitor reads my core temps low by ~11C.

Using AMD overdrive, I was able to find a temp on the list that tracked perfectly with AMD overdrive's numbers for my core temps.

Come to think of it, HWmonitor also read my athlon X3 core temps low also.

m
l
!