Asus Xonar DX for Logitech Z2300 Speakers Question!

Hi!

I have a 2.1 setup with my Logitech Z 2300 speakers presently and I'm using the on-board ALC887 High Definition Audio 8 -Channel from my Asus M4A78EM/1394 mobo. I was wondering if buying the Asus Xonar DX 7.1 sound card would improve the sound quality (mainly for music) or is the Realtek ALC887 good enough and spending near about $90 on the Xonar DX be a wastage in this case?

I'm not much aware of sound cards so any help is very much appreciated.

TIA :)
4 answers Last reply
More about asus xonar logitech z2300 speakers question
  1. yes, you will find differences., i know a friend who found a audible differences even with the old logitech z-4, ....and thats was with a creative sound card.
  2. As long as you believe a difference. I would put down $1,000 that you can't ABX the difference though, hah. Better speakers will always beat a marginally better source, provided neither is suffering from poor outside factors (EMI, ungrounded loop source) by about a 9 to 1 margin. Although some audio enthusiasts will tell you the ratio is even greater than that.
  3. the higher end the speakers become the harder it is to tell the differencesbetween the two,however telling teh difference between sources should be theorectically easier

what do u mean by ABX anyway?
  4. I have Creative 2.1 speakers which sounded great with my previous onboard Realtek AC97 video card. My previous motherboard sounded even better, but I cannot remember the onboard audio card.

I recently upgraded my system (i5) and have a P8h61-MLE Rev 3 board with the same on-board ALC887 High Definition Audio. I have found the sound quality to have dropped much more than it dropped between my first two boards... I am in the same position and I am looking for a decent audio card.

I have looked at driver and BIOS updates, but I am running the latest releases.
    I have also changed the settings in the audio control pannel, but nothing works.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Asus Speakers Logitech Components