GA-P55-US3L 1.0 vs 2.3

G

Hi there. I'm in the market for a new PC (CIV 5 coming!) and a shop here in Argentina is offering the Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L mobo, rev 1.0. Checked GB's site and there are 3 extra revisions, up to 2.3. Any idea about what those revs fix?

BTW, do you guys recommend the board for a i5 750? It's a middle priced one (150 USD), the next one in the ladder is 350 USD, way too much.

The revisions "fixes", "sometimes added "features" and typically hardware related so the latest revision the better. Best MOBO for your CPU and in the same price range

Asus P7P55D-E Pro ($180 US)
GA-P55A-UD3 ($140 US)
EVGA P55 TR ($90 US)

Sometimes info leaks try a post at - http://forums.tweaktown.com/

Good Luck!

G

Use it for programming, office and gaming. So, average user, not design/rendering stuff (only a little, just for fun). I'll cope it with 4gb and GTS250 1gb graphics card, just to pump up the gaming department ;)

bilbat

Splendid
I think you'll be happy with it. The only real difference between the older 55's, and the newer 55A's is the USB3 and SATA3 ports, and, in my opinion, USB of any sort is a poor choice for external drives, and the SATA3 ports are entirely useless - just a marketing ploy... I've been recommending the H55's and Clarkdales for less expensive systems - the graphics are great for 2D, and much cheaper than a seperate vidcard, but you really wouldn't want to game with 'em!