Snowolf

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
hi can some1 tell me how to rebuild a dell power edge 2650 raid controler or at lest get it to work in a different raid

chrislee0101

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
What do you mean by "rebuild a dell power edge 2650 raid controler"? Are you trying to rebuild the controller or the array? Or, are you trying to get the controller seen by the system?

Rebuilding the array should be simple. If you had a drive fail, remove the drive and replace with a new drive.

If you are trying to get the controller seen by the system then you will need a driver for the controller.

As for getting it to "work in a different raid", this sounds like you want to change your RAID configuration. To do this access the bios of the card, delete the current raid array and create a new one. However, you should be aware that deleting the current array will result in a loss of ALL data on the drives.

Snowolf

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

oh let me tell u what i know and then u tell me.
ok i know that it's not the hdd's. i know this becouse i put a good hdd in the port and it still gave me the fail light. and later another port gave me a fail light. and when u try to boot it wont. i do know that it's running in raid 5 or was should it say. and what i'm trying to do is ether fix it or get it to run in a differnt raid config, like raid 4.

Snowolf

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Never mind every1 its not a hardware issue. its a software issue.
all i got to do is do a complete wipe of the server. and reinstall it all and that will fix the problem. THANK U BOSS!!!! It will fix the raid issue!!!