Sign in with
Your question

VGA (db15) female to 12-pin female cable

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 7, 2010 5:04:05 PM

I have the 9500 GT PCI Express card and I am putting it in a low profile case. Everything works fine BUT the cable that connects the card to the VGA (DB15) connector is too short. I need to get one that is longer (one did come with a converter kit but the end that connects to the card has 15pins instead of just 12). I have no idea what the name of this cable is (I have done all kinds of searches to no avail).

To clarify, there are 12 pins on the actual board of the graphics card, a ribbon cable is connected to it, and the other end is the female DB15 (VGA) connector.

Can someone advise the name of this cable and also where I can find a longer one - or if nVidia sells extension cables that have this 12-pin board connector?

Thank you for any help on this.
January 7, 2010 6:24:44 PM

Can you replace the ribbon cable part of the adapter with a longer 12 conductor ribbon cable?
m
l
Related resources
January 7, 2010 6:30:27 PM

Jim_L9 said:
Can you replace the ribbon cable part of the adapter with a longer 12 conductor ribbon cable?

I don't have the knowledge on how to do that but it would work. I am not sure of the crimping methods and tools needed for both ends of the cable - especially the db15 end.
m
l
April 30, 2010 4:10:44 PM

Any luck on this? I have the same issue....
m
l
April 30, 2010 6:00:05 PM

And btw... that cable you found is made by XFX and it has a 15pin board connector - so it will probably not work.
m
l
!