deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Can you post your system specs and symptoms? I'm pretty sure its not windows 7 that is the problem.

I am a little confused because the nvidia 9700m is a laptop video card.. not a desktop card.

(If you dont know what your computer has you could try downloading belarc for full system info: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)

amouseonmars

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Hello, sorry my post was incomplete because I accidentally pressed send. I posted later the complete text including the specs.
Thank you!
If you know how can I delete this incomplete post I would appreciate.

amouseonmars

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
Since this msg has more views here is the complete text...
Hello I need help with a DELL 3007 monitor and windows 7 64bit apparent incompability.

I have a new Acer AS-8930G laptop running on Windows 7 64bit, and i want to connect it to my Dell 30" screen and have it working with the maximum resolution. The graphic card is NVIDIA 9700M, which supposedly supports up to two screens with 2560x1440 resolution (my Dell's resolution).

The laptop has a HDMI out and the Monitor needs a DVI-D (Dual Link), so I bought the necessary cable to connect both, making sure it was a Dual Link. Also installed the latest Dell 3007-WFP driver for Windows 7.

But the maximum resolution that it lets me choose is 1280x800 pixels! If i choose in the advance settings to show all posible resolutions I can also choose 1920x1080 32 bit, but it is also not what I want.

Can anyone help me here and why wouldn't my videocard allow me to choose the native resolution??
(2560x1440)???

THANKS!