Solved

Hyper 212 Evo on a v4

I finally want to make the jump and overclock a bit my 955 Black edition. I need a new aftermarket cpu cooler that will fit my Thermaltake v4. Now, i have seen setups using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo in the case and even in a v3, and the dimension sheet says that the max size for the case is 160mm , when the size of the heatsink is apparently 159mm. I have seen it comes very close to the glass. So i'm asking, would it be a good idea to buy that heatsink? Or what would you get (from amazon) for 35 USD tops?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hyper
  1. Best answer
    Actually the Themaltake is 7.5" wide or 190.5 mm. The CM Hyper 212 Evo is 159mm or 6.25 ". That leaves roughly an inch and a quarter to play with.
  2. But is that the external width or usable fan space? I read in a spec sheet that the actual usable size was 160mm.

Edit: Just checked the website and it clearly states in the faq that the maximum of height is 163 and the Evo is just 159, so i have little room to spare. I don't know how i missed it. You were right! Thanks a lot!
  3. Best answer selected by ataraxicdave.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Overclocking