*hangs head*

I know I have only had Sims 2 installed for a few days but is there a site
that tells you where to put all the downloads? I don't know the new files or
folders yet.
Beck.
29 answers Last reply
More about hangs head

    Beck said

    > I know I have only had Sims 2 installed for a few days but is there a
    > site that tells you where to put all the downloads? I don't know the
    > new files or folders yet.
    > Beck.

    You put them in My Documents\EAGames\TheSims2\Downloads. If you don't
    have a downloads folder already, just create one. Objects can be put
    into subfolders, but skins can't.

    --
    kat
    >^..^<

    Oh and if I download a chair then the extra textures for it, is there a way
    to set it out like they have in the game (you click the chair and then pick
    a texture)??
    Beck.

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >I know I have only had Sims 2 installed for a few days but is there a site
    >that tells you where to put all the downloads? I don't know the new files
    >or folders yet.
    > Beck.

    Beck said

    > Oh and if I download a chair then the extra textures for it, is there
    > a way to set it out like they have in the game (you click the chair
    > and then pick a texture)??
    > Beck.

    They just appear in the catalogue like that. Make sure you have the
    mesh if necessary and they should all be there. Recolours of existing
    objects will appear along with the originals, asterisked.

    --
    kat
    >^..^<

    You need to get the color enabler (CEP) for some recolors to show up. You
    can get it at
    http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml

    Most downloads go into the Downloads folder, you may have to create this
    yourself, under the documents EA Games/The Sims2/...
    You can have subfolders for objects, floors, walls and ground covers. But
    anything genetic or clothing needs to be directly in the downloads folder.

    > Oh and if I download a chair then the extra textures for it, is there a
    > way to set it out like they have in the game (you click the chair and then
    > pick a texture)??
    > Beck.
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>I know I have only had Sims 2 installed for a few days but is there a site
    >>that tells you where to put all the downloads? I don't know the new files
    >>or folders yet.
    >> Beck.

    Oh ok BG, thanks I will check it out. Also thanks for that info.
    Just another question, if I have downloaded actual faces, do they go into
    the Sims somehow or do they get put into Sims 2 body shop? And either way,
    do they go into the downloads folder (no sub-folder like the others?)
    Thanks again!
    Beck.
    > You need to get the color enabler (CEP) for some recolors to show up. You
    > can get it at
    > http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml
    >
    > Most downloads go into the Downloads folder, you may have to create this
    > yourself, under the documents EA Games/The Sims2/...
    > You can have subfolders for objects, floors, walls and ground covers. But
    > anything genetic or clothing needs to be directly in the downloads folder.
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Oh and if I download a chair then the extra textures for it, is there a
    >> way to set it out like they have in the game (you click the chair and
    >> then pick a texture)??
    >> Beck.
    >>
    >> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>>I know I have only had Sims 2 installed for a few days but is there a
    >>>site that tells you where to put all the downloads? I don't know the new
    >>>files or folders yet.
    >>> Beck.

    Anything genetic or clothing goes directly into downloads. As far as I know
    they will show in the game in the CAS part and in bodyshop.

    > Oh ok BG, thanks I will check it out. Also thanks for that info.
    > Just another question, if I have downloaded actual faces, do they go into
    > the Sims somehow or do they get put into Sims 2 body shop? And either way,
    > do they go into the downloads folder (no sub-folder like the others?)
    > Thanks again!
    > Beck.
    >> You need to get the color enabler (CEP) for some recolors to show up.
    >> You can get it at
    >> http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml
    >>
    >> Most downloads go into the Downloads folder, you may have to create this
    >> yourself, under the documents EA Games/The Sims2/...
    >> You can have subfolders for objects, floors, walls and ground covers.
    >> But anything genetic or clothing needs to be directly in the downloads
    >> folder.
    >>
    >> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> Oh and if I download a chair then the extra textures for it, is there a
    >>> way to set it out like they have in the game (you click the chair and
    >>> then pick a texture)??
    >>> Beck.
    >>>
    >>> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    Great thanks! I never knew about skins not being allowed in sub-folders
    until not so long ago, then I found out where all my skins went lol.
    Thanks!
    Beck.

    "kat" <kat.news@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Beck said
    >
    >> I know I have only had Sims 2 installed for a few days but is there a
    >> site that tells you where to put all the downloads? I don't know the
    >> new files or folders yet.
    >> Beck.
    >
    > You put them in My Documents\EAGames\TheSims2\Downloads. If you don't
    > have a downloads folder already, just create one. Objects can be put into
    > subfolders, but skins can't.
    >

    > --
    > kat
    > >^..^<

    Ok cool I'll give it a go and see.
    Hey BG, do you know if there is a program to see what these package files
    contain? I mean when you download a skin for Sims1 you can look at the .bmp
    files and get an idea of what you downloaded.
    Thanks!
    Beck.
    > Anything genetic or clothing goes directly into downloads. As far as I
    > know they will show in the game in the CAS part and in bodyshop.
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Oh ok BG, thanks I will check it out. Also thanks for that info.
    >> Just another question, if I have downloaded actual faces, do they go into
    >> the Sims somehow or do they get put into Sims 2 body shop? And either
    >> way, do they go into the downloads folder (no sub-folder like the
    >> others?)
    >> Thanks again!
    >> Beck.
    >> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >>> You need to get the color enabler (CEP) for some recolors to show up.
    >>> You can get it at
    >>> http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml
    >>>
    >>> Most downloads go into the Downloads folder, you may have to create this
    >>> yourself, under the documents EA Games/The Sims2/...
    >>> You can have subfolders for objects, floors, walls and ground covers.
    >>> But anything genetic or clothing needs to be directly in the downloads
    >>> folder.
    >>>
    >>> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    You can get simpe and use the scan folders to see thumbnails, but what you
    are seeing are the texture elements of the objects and other things, not
    what it actually looks like in the game.
    The good thing about sims2, you can delete from within the game.

    > Ok cool I'll give it a go and see.
    > Hey BG, do you know if there is a program to see what these package files
    > contain? I mean when you download a skin for Sims1 you can look at the
    > .bmp files and get an idea of what you downloaded.
    > Thanks!
    > Beck.
    >> Anything genetic or clothing goes directly into downloads. As far as I
    >> know they will show in the game in the CAS part and in bodyshop.
    >>
    >> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> Oh ok BG, thanks I will check it out. Also thanks for that info.
    >>> Just another question, if I have downloaded actual faces, do they go
    >>> into the Sims somehow or do they get put into Sims 2 body shop? And
    >>> either way, do they go into the downloads folder (no sub-folder like the
    >>> others?)
    >>> Thanks again!
    >>> Beck.
    >>> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message

    does deleting in the game actually remove the files from your downloads
    folder? Or just keep them from showing up in game?

    tyvm,

    --
    Isabeau :)

    ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
    'by believing, one sees'
    > You can get simpe and use the scan folders to see thumbnails, but what you
    > are seeing are the texture elements of the objects and other things, not
    > what it actually looks like in the game.
    > The good thing about sims2, you can delete from within the game.
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Ok cool I'll give it a go and see.
    > > Hey BG, do you know if there is a program to see what these package
    files
    > > contain? I mean when you download a skin for Sims1 you can look at the
    > > .bmp files and get an idea of what you downloaded.
    > > Thanks!
    > > Beck.
    > > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > >> Anything genetic or clothing goes directly into downloads. As far as I
    > >> know they will show in the game in the CAS part and in bodyshop.
    > >>
    > >> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    And while I am asking, what exactly is a .rar file? Are they a file that
    Sims uses, where do they go and can I look at these also?
    Beck.

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > Ok cool I'll give it a go and see.
    > Hey BG, do you know if there is a program to see what these package files
    > contain? I mean when you download a skin for Sims1 you can look at the
    > .bmp files and get an idea of what you downloaded.
    > Thanks!
    > Beck.
    >> Anything genetic or clothing goes directly into downloads. As far as I
    >> know they will show in the game in the CAS part and in bodyshop.
    >>
    >> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> Oh ok BG, thanks I will check it out. Also thanks for that info.
    >>> Just another question, if I have downloaded actual faces, do they go
    >>> into the Sims somehow or do they get put into Sims 2 body shop? And
    >>> either way, do they go into the downloads folder (no sub-folder like the
    >>> others?)
    >>> Thanks again!
    >>> Beck.
    >>> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message

    rar files are another kind of compressed file. You need a different program
    to open them, not winzip.
    You can use winrar, a pay for program or you can get a free program that
    opens them.
    I use extract now and there is one called 7-zip too.
    http://www.7-zip.org/
    http://www.extractnow.com/

    > And while I am asking, what exactly is a .rar file? Are they a file that
    > Sims uses, where do they go and can I look at these also?
    > Beck.
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Ok cool I'll give it a go and see.
    >> Hey BG, do you know if there is a program to see what these package files
    >> contain? I mean when you download a skin for Sims1 you can look at the
    >> .bmp files and get an idea of what you downloaded.
    >> Thanks!
    >> Beck.
    >> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >>> Anything genetic or clothing goes directly into downloads. As far as I
    >>> know they will show in the game in the CAS part and in bodyshop.
    >>>
    >>> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    It takes deletes them out of the folder. Custom objects tho, make sure you
    are deleting the whole object and not just a recolor of it.
    Do not try and delete default maxis objects (actually I don't think the game
    will let you do it anyway).

    "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > does deleting in the game actually remove the files from your downloads
    > folder? Or just keep them from showing up in game?
    >
    > tyvm,
    >
    > --
    > Isabeau :)
    >
    > ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
    > 'by believing, one sees'
    >> You can get simpe and use the scan folders to see thumbnails, but what
    >> you
    >> are seeing are the texture elements of the objects and other things, not
    >> what it actually looks like in the game.
    >> The good thing about sims2, you can delete from within the game.
    >>
    >> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> > Ok cool I'll give it a go and see.
    >> > Hey BG, do you know if there is a program to see what these package
    > files
    >> > contain? I mean when you download a skin for Sims1 you can look at the
    >> > .bmp files and get an idea of what you downloaded.
    >> > Thanks!
    >> > Beck.
    >> > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message

    > the

    > downloads

    > there

    Oh great, thanks for that! I'll go check them out.
    Beck.

    > rar files are another kind of compressed file. You need a different
    > program to open them, not winzip.
    > You can use winrar, a pay for program or you can get a free program that
    > opens them.
    > I use extract now and there is one called 7-zip too.
    > http://www.7-zip.org/
    > http://www.extractnow.com/
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> And while I am asking, what exactly is a .rar file? Are they a file that
    >> Sims uses, where do they go and can I look at these also?
    >> Beck.
    >>
    >> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> Ok cool I'll give it a go and see.
    >>> Hey BG, do you know if there is a program to see what these package
    >>> files contain? I mean when you download a skin for Sims1 you can look at
    >>> the .bmp files and get an idea of what you downloaded.
    >>> Thanks!
    >>> Beck.
    >>> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message

    I just noticed that after I posted that I could delete from the game, that
    is so good!
    Beck.
    > You can get simpe and use the scan folders to see thumbnails, but what you
    > are seeing are the texture elements of the objects and other things, not
    > what it actually looks like in the game.
    > The good thing about sims2, you can delete from within the game.
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Ok cool I'll give it a go and see.
    >> Hey BG, do you know if there is a program to see what these package files
    >> contain? I mean when you download a skin for Sims1 you can look at the
    >> .bmp files and get an idea of what you downloaded.
    >> Thanks!
    >> Beck.
    >> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >>> Anything genetic or clothing goes directly into downloads. As far as I
    >>> know they will show in the game in the CAS part and in bodyshop.
    >>>
    >>> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    Thanks Bluegenie,
    I got 7-zip as I couldn't work the other one very well. But 7-zip is great,
    thanks heaps for that!
    Beck.
    > rar files are another kind of compressed file. You need a different
    > program to open them, not winzip.
    > You can use winrar, a pay for program or you can get a free program that
    > opens them.
    > I use extract now and there is one called 7-zip too.
    > http://www.7-zip.org/
    > http://www.extractnow.com/
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> And while I am asking, what exactly is a .rar file? Are they a file that
    >> Sims uses, where do they go and can I look at these also?
    >> Beck.
    >>
    >> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> Ok cool I'll give it a go and see.
    >>> Hey BG, do you know if there is a program to see what these package
    >>> files contain? I mean when you download a skin for Sims1 you can look at
    >>> the .bmp files and get an idea of what you downloaded.
    >>> Thanks!
    >>> Beck.
    >>> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message

    Hi Beck,

    Here's a great program too. For anyone else that watches what goes into your
    game. Just set it as default for opening packaged objects.
    SIM2Package Installer @ http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php. It will
    help set up your files and give a thumbnail of what it is
    on some objects.

    There's also a program for TS2 called filemaid that will help you put the
    files in the correct folder. It's located at
    http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/projects/SimFileMaid/ for the Sims and Sims2.

    <serena@sims2smart.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Beck,
    >
    > Here's a great program too. For anyone else that watches what goes into
    > your game. Just set it as default for opening packaged objects.
    > SIM2Package Installer @ http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php. It
    > will help set up your files and give a thumbnail of what it is
    > on some objects.

    I know you are trying to be helpful here, but the extension is *.sims2pack
    not *.package. Package files go directly into the downloads folder and do
    not need to be 'installed'. *.sims2pack files do need to be installed and
    can be associated to open with sims2pack clean installer. Even if she does
    not get that program, sims2 comes with an installer to install *.sims2pack
    files.

    > There's also a program for TS2 called filemaid that will help you put the
    > files in the correct folder. It's located at
    > http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/projects/SimFileMaid/ for the Sims and Sims2.

    You know I really wonder about this one. I remember the original one had
    issues with certain types of files, as in putting them in the wrong place.
    If all packages (with the exception of collections and neighborhood files)
    go directly into the downloads folder, what is the use of getting a special
    program to put them there?
    Most sites, that have downloadable stuff, have instructions on where to put
    them. Although I know from experience, downloaders most of the time do not
    actually read the site.

    > <serena@sims2smart.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi Beck,
    >>
    >> Here's a great program too. For anyone else that watches what goes into
    >> your game. Just set it as default for opening packaged objects.
    >> SIM2Package Installer @ http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php. It
    >> will help set up your files and give a thumbnail of what it is
    >> on some objects.
    >
    > I know you are trying to be helpful here, but the extension is *.sims2pack
    > not *.package. Package files go directly into the downloads folder and do
    > not need to be 'installed'. *.sims2pack files do need to be installed and
    > can be associated to open with sims2pack clean installer. Even if she
    > does not get that program, sims2 comes with an installer to install
    > *.sims2pack files.
    >

    >> There's also a program for TS2 called filemaid that will help you put the
    >> files in the correct folder. It's located at
    >> http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/projects/SimFileMaid/ for the Sims and Sims2.
    >
    > You know I really wonder about this one. I remember the original one had
    > issues with certain types of files, as in putting them in the wrong place.
    > If all packages (with the exception of collections and neighborhood files)
    > go directly into the downloads folder, what is the use of getting a
    > special program to put them there?
    > Most sites, that have downloadable stuff, have instructions on where to
    > put them. Although I know from experience, downloaders most of the time
    > do not actually read the site.
    >

    >> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >>> It takes deletes them out of the folder. Custom objects tho, make sure
    >>> you are deleting the whole object and not just a recolor of it.
    >>> Do not try and delete default maxis objects (actually I don't think the
    >>> game will let you do it anyway).

    The good thing about filemaid is that it handles rar, zip and sim2pack
    files.
    You can install large numbers of files at once.

    "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

    >> <serena@sims2smart.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi Beck,
    >>>
    >>> Here's a great program too. For anyone else that watches what goes into
    >>> your game. Just set it as default for opening packaged objects.
    >>> SIM2Package Installer @ http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php. It
    >>> will help set up your files and give a thumbnail of what it is
    >>> on some objects.
    >>
    >> I know you are trying to be helpful here, but the extension is
    >> *.sims2pack not *.package. Package files go directly into the downloads
    >> folder and do not need to be 'installed'. *.sims2pack files do need to
    >> be installed and can be associated to open with sims2pack clean
    >> installer. Even if she does not get that program, sims2 comes with an
    >> installer to install *.sims2pack files.
    >>

    >>> There's also a program for TS2 called filemaid that will help you put
    >>> the files in the correct folder. It's located at
    >>> http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/projects/SimFileMaid/ for the Sims and
    >>> Sims2.
    >>
    >> You know I really wonder about this one. I remember the original one had
    >> issues with certain types of files, as in putting them in the wrong
    >> place. If all packages (with the exception of collections and
    >> neighborhood files) go directly into the downloads folder, what is the
    >> use of getting a special program to put them there?
    >> Most sites, that have downloadable stuff, have instructions on where to
    >> put them. Although I know from experience, downloaders most of the time
    >> do not actually read the site.
    >>

    >>> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >>>

    > The good thing about filemaid is that it handles rar, zip and sim2pack
    > files.
    > You can install large numbers of files at once.

    Not to beat a dead horse here, but I can do multiple files with winzip,
    extractnow and clean installer. Plus I can set up extractnow to delete the
    ..rar file after extracting it.
    I guess, if you want multiple programs that do the same thing, then that is
    your preference.

    > Not to beat a dead horse here, but I can do multiple files with winzip,
    > extractnow and clean installer. Plus I can set up extractnow to delete
    > the .rar file after extracting it.
    > I guess, if you want multiple programs that do the same thing, then that
    > is your preference.

    I just use filemaid and clean installer.
    I do not need WinZip or extractnow.

    Filemaid installs the files and then clean installer cleans up the mess as
    it installs.
    I have found Filemaid2 to be better than the original Filemaid.
    It puts everything in the correct folder.

    Why would you want to delete rar files.
    I save them so that I can reinstall them if needed.
    You never know when a site will disappear.
    Also, I can never remember where I downloaded them from.

    >> Not to beat a dead horse here, but I can do multiple files with winzip,
    >> extractnow and clean installer. Plus I can set up extractnow to delete
    >> the .rar file after extracting it.
    >> I guess, if you want multiple programs that do the same thing, then that
    >> is your preference.
    >>

    > I just use filemaid and clean installer.
    > I do not need WinZip or extractnow.
    >
    > Filemaid installs the files and then clean installer cleans up the mess as
    > it installs.
    > I have found Filemaid2 to be better than the original Filemaid.
    > It puts everything in the correct folder.
    >
    > Why would you want to delete rar files.
    > I save them so that I can reinstall them if needed.
    > You never know when a site will disappear.
    > Also, I can never remember where I downloaded them from.

    I delete all the files once they are installed. I backup nothing, sims2
    wise, except changed script files and things like that. The reason I don't
    back up? I used to with sims1 and I have several cds with basically the
    same things on each, lol. I get a certain joy out of downloading, and I
    usually stick to a group of sites that are pretty sure not to go anywhere
    soon. Every so often, I get rid of all my downloads and go 'shopping'
    again, lol. But I do try and keep my creations at all times :)
    Winzip was one of the first programs I bought after getting my first
    computer. Yes, I bought it and never regretted it. Talk about great
    customer service, I have misplaced my code a few times and they have always
    responded quickly to give it to me again. Once they sent it snail mail, so
    it is in my paper files now :)
    I get all the upgrades included with my original purchase too and never a
    nag screen.
    What is the url for filemaid2? I might try it out if it is free.

    > "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Not to beat a dead horse here, but I can do multiple files with winzip,
    >>> extractnow and clean installer. Plus I can set up extractnow to delete
    >>> the .rar file after extracting it.
    >>> I guess, if you want multiple programs that do the same thing, then that
    >>> is your preference.
    >>>

    >> I just use filemaid and clean installer.
    >> I do not need WinZip or extractnow.
    >>
    >> Filemaid installs the files and then clean installer cleans up the mess
    >> as it installs.
    >> I have found Filemaid2 to be better than the original Filemaid.
    >> It puts everything in the correct folder.
    >>
    >> Why would you want to delete rar files.
    >> I save them so that I can reinstall them if needed.
    >> You never know when a site will disappear.
    >> Also, I can never remember where I downloaded them from.
    >
    > I delete all the files once they are installed. I backup nothing, sims2
    > wise, except changed script files and things like that. The reason I
    > don't back up? I used to with sims1 and I have several cds with basically
    > the same things on each, lol. I get a certain joy out of downloading, and
    > I usually stick to a group of sites that are pretty sure not to go
    > anywhere soon. Every so often, I get rid of all my downloads and go
    > 'shopping' again, lol. But I do try and keep my creations at all times :)
    > Winzip was one of the first programs I bought after getting my first
    > computer. Yes, I bought it and never regretted it. Talk about great
    > customer service, I have misplaced my code a few times and they have
    > always responded quickly to give it to me again. Once they sent it snail
    > mail, so it is in my paper files now :)
    > I get all the upgrades included with my original purchase too and never a
    > nag screen.
    > What is the url for filemaid2? I might try it out if it is free.

    Filemaid2 can be found here
    http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/projects/SimFileMaid/

    >> The good thing about filemaid is that it handles rar, zip and sim2pack
    >> files.
    >> You can install large numbers of files at once.
    >
    >Not to beat a dead horse here, but I can do multiple files with winzip,
    >extractnow and clean installer. Plus I can set up extractnow to delete the
    >.rar file after extracting it.
    >I guess, if you want multiple programs that do the same thing, then that is
    >your preference.

    Hm, I downloaded a trial version of Winzip and soon found out that it
    won't do RAR files, can the registered version extract RAR?

    "Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message

    >>> The good thing about filemaid is that it handles rar, zip and sim2pack
    >>> files.
    >>> You can install large numbers of files at once.
    >>
    >>Not to beat a dead horse here, but I can do multiple files with winzip,
    >>extractnow and clean installer. Plus I can set up extractnow to delete
    >>the
    >>.rar file after extracting it.
    >>I guess, if you want multiple programs that do the same thing, then that
    >>is
    >>your preference.
    >
    > Hm, I downloaded a trial version of Winzip and soon found out that it
    > won't do RAR files, can the registered version extract RAR?

    Nope, and I did not say it could. I use extractnow for rar files.
    I am hoping that eventually winzip will incorporate rar files, but they
    haven't yet, so maybe a false hope.

    > Filemaid2 can be found here
    > http://mattwork.potsdam.edu/projects/SimFileMaid/

    Got it, thanks!
    Interesting license there too. Looks like he/she has had enough dealings
    with people who have a hard time reading :)

    Strider <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in

    >>> The good thing about filemaid is that it handles rar, zip and
    >>> sim2pack files.
    >>> You can install large numbers of files at once.
    >>
    >>Not to beat a dead horse here, but I can do multiple files with
    >>winzip, extractnow and clean installer. Plus I can set up
    >>extractnow to delete the .rar file after extracting it.
    >>I guess, if you want multiple programs that do the same thing,
    >>then that is your preference.
    >
    > Hm, I downloaded a trial version of Winzip and soon found out that
    > it won't do RAR files, can the registered version extract RAR?

    Get alzip. It's free, does rar and zip and about 100 other file
    types. www.altools.net.

    --
    Mike
    He's as blind as he can be

    "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
    > Strider <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in

    >>>Not to beat a dead horse here, but I can do multiple files with
    >>>winzip, extractnow and clean installer. Plus I can set up
    >>>extractnow to delete the .rar file after extracting it.
    >>>I guess, if you want multiple programs that do the same thing,
    >>>then that is your preference.
    >>
    >> Hm, I downloaded a trial version of Winzip and soon found out that
    >> it won't do RAR files, can the registered version extract RAR?
    >
    > Get alzip. It's free, does rar and zip and about 100 other file
    > types. www.altools.net.
    >
    > --
    > Mike
    > He's as blind as he can be
    > Just sees what he wants to see
    > Nowhere Man can you see me at all?
    > - Lennon & McCartney, "Nowhere Man"

    I love your sig :)

    >> Hm, I downloaded a trial version of Winzip and soon found out that it
    >> won't do RAR files, can the registered version extract RAR?
    >
    >Nope, and I did not say it could. I use extractnow for rar files.
    >I am hoping that eventually winzip will incorporate rar files, but they
    >haven't yet, so maybe a false hope.

    I'll just stick to Total Commander then.

Sims Games Video Games