Can connect my wireless router but not internet

DoveP

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Hello, I can connect to my router but not to the internet. I have tried 3 adapter cards (2 Linksys, 1 netgear) but always with the same results. Can connect to access point (router) but not to internet. Am using DHCP, no security. At one point I entered the MAC address of the router but I was not able to remove it. Now cannot tell if it is using the address I put in (which is correct) or if it is detecting it. I have enabled practically every service that runs on the computer. Am detecting several networks, the one I am using is at 90-100%. It is sending packets but not receiving any. Please help. I am using Windows 2000 SP4 Dell Inspiron 4000 notebook.

DoveP

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010

Thank you for your response. After I posted this I was able to determine that the MAC address was correct for the card. So I no longer have that problem. I also cannot connect to the router any more. Things went from bad to worse and I finally decided there must be something wrong with the computer. So I put the thing in the garage and I'm not going to try to do anything with it. So thanks for your help. And excuse me for not getting back to you sooner.
D

TRENDING THREADS