Sign in with
Your question

Need Help Urgently

Last response: in Systems
January 13, 2010 10:38:54 AM

Hi

Earlier this week i got advice by a forum member to get this system

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2 GHz Socket AM3 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Antec 300 Three Hundred Case

Kingston 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz HyperX Memory Kit CL7 1.7V

Xilence Red Wing 120mm Quiet Fan - 3&4pin connection

Asus M4A79XTD EVO 790X Socket AM3 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

When i put everything together i couldn't see anything on the screen so i checked the ram and i realize that the ram is not compatible with my mobo (at least i think thats the problem) the ram is not listed on QVL of my mobo. So i find a new ram which is listed on the QVL and i orderd them.

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/38441

After being confused on whats happening i start looking at what other problems could cause this, i try to take cpu out the socket and i end up bending a few pins on the cpu, then i have a heart attack and spend 20 minutes making them straight again. i manage to the cpu inside and the fan on top secured.

Is this the major cause of the black screen with no beep at the start?

Also the ram i got at first is usless to me and i can sell it to who ever wants to offer me a price for it here is the link
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169488

Its brand new not being used at all.

More about : urgently

January 13, 2010 11:25:46 AM

Did anything come on (lights, fans)? If absolutely nothing came on, the PSU has a problem. You might want to check the connections. Also, did you try everything on the "Read Before Posting about Boot Problems" sticky? There's a lot of very simple tests there that I would've done before buying additional RAM...

Also, RAM not listed by the motherboard manufacturer will still usually work. Kingston is an extremely common brand, and it would be very unlikely that Asus, another very common brand, to make boards that don't work with each other.
January 13, 2010 1:55:47 PM

Ah im such a fool i forgot to connect the 4 pin power to the mobo thanks for your help. it works perfectly now.
!