Sign in with
Your question

Can anyone recommend me a good Hard drive?

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Gaming
  • Storage
  • Product
Last response: in Storage
January 3, 2012 8:00:26 PM

Noob question but i am just wanting to ask can anyone recommend me a good hard drive to buy it will be used for gaming and operating system, I would also like to know would it be worth me buying a SSD or HDD?

My board is a ASUS M5A78L/USB3 (link: http://www.ebuyer.com/269076-asus-m5a78l-usb3-amd-socke... )

Thanks for any reply's

Michael Ryle

More about : recommend good hard drive

a b G Storage
January 3, 2012 8:14:48 PM

I've been using Western Digital HDDs exclusively for 15+ years and only recently had to pay for lost data. I also just bought an M4 SSD not for speed but to improve reliability. I'm very happy with it so far. Only you can make that value judgement.
January 3, 2012 8:18:34 PM

If you can afford go SSD for the OS and HDD for programs and files as far as brand name like ram1009 i've been using Western Digital drives for a long time. I just had an 8 year old 80 gig drive that I used as a scratch disk finally go out on me. As for SSD read some of the reviews for price and performance and make your decision based on that here is the link to December reviews for SSD's
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/buy-ssd-recommendat...
Related resources
January 3, 2012 8:18:46 PM

The only brand I avoid anymore are Maxtors but you can assume even they will hang on till the warranty runs out. If you have the cash get a 60 to 120G SSD to boot from and a terabyte D: drive for everything else.
January 3, 2012 8:19:58 PM

Well I was looking at a Western Digital Caviar black its £122 at the moment would you know if it would work well with my board?

Thanks for fast reply.
a b G Storage
January 3, 2012 9:12:14 PM

michael ryle said:
Well I was looking at a Western Digital Caviar black its £122 at the moment would you know if it would work well with my board?

Thanks for fast reply.

The HDD will work with any MB and the MB will work with any HDD.
January 3, 2012 9:14:20 PM

ram1009 said:
The HDD will work with any MB and the MB will work with any HDD.

Ahhh ok then thanks for all your help guys i have a better idea of what HDD to buy now. :na: 
!