Solved

Case Fan Question

Hey everyone! I am looking at building my first gaming computer and was a bit confused on how the case fans were going to work for something like the following build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/eZdN

So the case comes with two 120mm fans and a fan controller. Given the motherboard and PSU I've selected, how many more of the case fans could I install?

I apologize as I'm trying to understand how all this cooling stuff is going to work. Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about case question
  1. Best answer
    Cooling system

Fan controller for 3 fans included
    1 rear Fractal Design 120mm @ 1200rpm included
    1 front Fractal Design 120mm @ 1200rpm included

1 front 120mm fan (optional)
    1 top 120/140mm fan (optional)
    1 bottom 120mm fan (optional)
    1 side panel 120mm/140mm fan (optional)

1 x CPU fan header
    2 x system fan headers
    < WITH MOLEX you could power all of the additional fan options,but how many you would use , is up to you. :D

The EVO CPU COOLER will fit well also.
  2. I would say offhand, you can install 3-4 more fans but... why? It would seem to me that the idea behind your case choice is quietness, the more fans added, the less quiet your computer will be. If I were building within that case for quietness, I would see what my temps and noise are like with the stock fan configuration, work from there. If you do want to add a fan or two right away, I would suggest an intake on the floor of the case (between PSU and HD cage) and an exhaust on top (low RPM, 140mm).
    Hope it helps some...
  3. Best answer selected by Thankyoualot.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cases Overclocking