Case Fan Question

thankyoualot

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Hey everyone! I am looking at building my first gaming computer and was a bit confused on how the case fans were going to work for something like the following build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/eZdN

So the case comes with two 120mm fans and a fan controller. Given the motherboard and PSU I've selected, how many more of the case fans could I install?

I apologize as I'm trying to understand how all this cooling stuff is going to work. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Cooling system

Fan controller for 3 fans included
1 rear Fractal Design 120mm @ 1200rpm included
1 front Fractal Design 120mm @ 1200rpm included

1 front 120mm fan (optional)
1 top 120/140mm fan (optional)
1 bottom 120mm fan (optional)
1 side panel 120mm/140mm fan (optional)

1 x CPU fan header
2 x system fan headers
< WITH MOLEX you could power all of the additional fan options,but how many you would use , is up to you. :D

The EVO CPU COOLER will fit well also.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Cooling system

Fan controller for 3 fans included
1 rear Fractal Design 120mm @ 1200rpm included
1 front Fractal Design 120mm @ 1200rpm included

1 front 120mm fan (optional)
1 top 120/140mm fan (optional)
1 bottom 120mm fan (optional)
1 side panel 120mm/140mm fan (optional)

1 x CPU fan header
2 x system fan headers
< WITH MOLEX you could power all of the additional fan options,but how many you would use , is up to you. :D

The EVO CPU COOLER will fit well also.

Solution
I would say offhand, you can install 3-4 more fans but... why? It would seem to me that the idea behind your case choice is quietness, the more fans added, the less quiet your computer will be. If I were building within that case for quietness, I would see what my temps and noise are like with the stock fan configuration, work from there. If you do want to add a fan or two right away, I would suggest an intake on the floor of the case (between PSU and HD cage) and an exhaust on top (low RPM, 140mm).
Hope it helps some...