niba10

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
hey guys
i got a stable overclocking with intel i5 2500k 4.5ghz on 1.310 cpu voltage
my questoin is if that voltage is good and if i should get the overclocking even higher or that is enough for today games and stuffs ?

my specs:

intel core i5 2500k 4.5ghz
ram : 8gb 1333 Kingston
psu: 750wat sea sonic
gpu:gigabyte gtx 560 ti oc version SLI
motherboard: ga z68x-ud3p-b3
cpu cooler : sychte mugen 2

well i think thats it ..

shmokeh

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2012
If your using it for gaming then 4.5ghz should be all you need. Most of the stress will be put on your GPU, assuming youve got 2 in SLI you should be fine for almost all games on ultra im guessing. Is your build purely for gaming?
Ive heard once you OC over 4.5ghz thats when the returns are minimal and heat becomes more of an issue, just keep an eye on your temps and try if you like, its always nice to get that bit extra out of it, just be carefull as you probably wont use it.

^ +1 You're great at 4.5. Even at stock, a 2500K wouldn't bottleneck SLI 560 Ti's, so 4.5 just just gravy. No need at all to go any higher, for gaming.

In a couple years, 4.5 and above may actually mean more in gaming because of faster GPU's and more demanding games, but for now, unless you're running a high end 3 or 4-Way SLI/CF setup, it's not even really needed.

Most people with SB and IB "K" CPU's OC just because they can, not because they they need to (including me).

But yes, that voltage looks good.