Sign in with
Your question

M4A785TD-V EVO 785G - how to set memory speed, timings & memory slot voltage

Last response: in Motherboards
August 9, 2010 12:36:36 PM

Hello,

Please help - I've just completed my first build ever and have used this motherboard - I've got everything up and running and all seems stable, I know I have to open it up again as I've installed the mem single rather than dual channel by accident but my main problem is this....

I've spent extensive time in the bios and with the instruction manual but I just can't work out how to manually set the memory speed, timings & memory slot voltage - no clue!

I'm using OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz Gold AMD Memory Kit CL9 1.65V and want to optimise it properly.

Your guidance would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 9, 2010 2:04:43 PM

If your system is running stably, I suggest you to leave it that way except that you should change the slot of one RAM stick to make RAM operation dual channel. Auto settings work properly in most cases.

What's your OS and your CPU ?
m
l
August 9, 2010 2:21:17 PM

suat said:
If your system is running stably, I suggest you to leave it that way except that you should change the slot of one RAM stick to make RAM operation dual channel. Auto settings work properly in most cases.

What's your OS and your CPU ?

AMD PhenomII BE 955 3.2ghz
Windows 7 64bit
w/MSI r5770 HAWK

Mainly built for gaming but also because ive always loved messing around with computers and I've wanted to build one for years...

I'm keen to do some over clocking in the future so I wanted to be sure about the RAM settings matching the OCZ specifications hence the query.

thanks for the reply. Tazz.
m
l
!